_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T55
berserk6300
Visit this Community
Hubei, China / 简体
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 02:28 PM UTC

chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 03:30 PM UTC
Nice Tank! I like the whitewash very much! I do have a couple of suggestions/questions.
Where is the siren? it looks like you replaced it (LHS fender side) with a position marker light? The snorkel tube appears to mounted on the straps for the rear fuel drums. They would have been on support brackets. Whats keeping the unditching beam in place? There are no straps holding it onto the mounts on the rear. The rear tow cable is a bit too long. Wheres the MG? You have the ammo cans mounted but no mg - even if it wasn't on the cupola it would have been on the turret rear stowed away.
Hope you don't think I'm nitpicking but I'm working on 2 T55s now and I have spent an inordinate amount of time doing research.

Always nice to see Russian/Warpact/Chinese Armor !!!

Chris
berserk6300
Visit this Community
Hubei, China / 简体
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 104 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 04:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice Tank! I like the whitewash very much! I do have a couple of suggestions/questions.
Where is the siren? it looks like you replaced it (LHS fender side) with a position marker light? The snorkel tube appears to mounted on the straps for the rear fuel drums. They would have been on support brackets. Whats keeping the unditching beam in place? There are no straps holding it onto the mounts on the rear. The rear tow cable is a bit too long. Wheres the MG? You have the ammo cans mounted but no mg - even if it wasn't on the cupola it would have been on the turret rear stowed away.
Hope you don't think I'm nitpicking but I'm working on 2 T55s now and I have spent an inordinate amount of time doing research.

Chris

Thanks

history photo no gun

floggerspam
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 10:34 PM UTC
Fantastic paint job. Very convincing.
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
Armorama: 199 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 11:34 PM UTC
fantastic work Li thank you for posting these amazing photos . I've started Tamiyas kit . I'm using Armour Track Models TK05 individual track links , very fiddly to put the track pins in with out losing too many on the floor but the resulting workable length is worth it . i'm waiting on some PE before starting the build . i will be looking to your photos for reference .
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 05:32 AM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

Chris

Thanks

history photo no gun

Your first picture is actually of a T55 model 58. It did not have the Dushka mounted. It does have the set up with the snorkel tube over the rear drums though.

They are some great pictures - it matches your model very well!
Chris
aaronwang
Visit this Community
Beijing, China / 简体
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 - 02:48 PM UTC
Very nice tank!
canon
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 08:59 PM UTC
Great model build! The figure is simply outstanding!
Phil
 _GOTOTOP