Hosted by Darren Baker
T-34/76 1942 with cast turret
buck1917
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 04:30 AM UTC
i have been looking for more info on this tank than what i found,any pics or info would be great help to me...thank you..its the dragon kit 1/72

BUCK...
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 05:01 AM UTC
Buck, I pressume you have checked out the info and pictures on Dragon's site? Then there is the Cybermodeller review. Hope you find something in those that answers you questions.

Cheers,
tread_geek

---EDIT--

From what I can see, the hull, suspension and certain detail parts are very similar if not identical to parts of the SU-85M kit by Dragon. IN fact, you get the T-34 hull and several other parts as unused pieces in the SU kit.
Galwitz
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 06:04 AM UTC
First of all, the kit name is a bit misleading. It is not a cast turret. In fact, it’s the pressed one – a unique feature delivered by Uralmash / UZTM factory. Put this into Google and you will end up with a pile of useful information and pictures right away. I’ve got the same kit and while doing my own research I’ve managed to locate reference pictures for all the markings provided in the kit. Just let me know which one you wanna do and I’ll point you right direction…

Generally, it’s a nice kit. Although it has few rather minor blemishes. The welded protection around the side visor slit on the turret seems to be oversized. It the scale it would be much less prominent feature. If I recall correctly the driver’s hatch is molded with visors closed so you can’t really model a machine in combat without a surgery on this part. The kit doesn’t provide any spare fuel/oil tanks or their holders. This is particularly sad if you wanna built a more accurate model for provided markings since many of them carry some (#104 even seems to carry a - presumably German - regular fuel drum on her left side). And you may also consider drilling the holes in the wheels to make them more accurate.

It may also be of your interest that there is a suitable Eduard PE set (although designed for another DML kit) and OKB Grigorov used to offer PE tracks.

HTH

-A-
 _GOTOTOP