_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
FEATURE
Oshkosh 1070 HET
jimz66
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,165 posts
Armorama: 1,105 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 02:38 PM UTC

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jimz66
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,165 posts
Armorama: 1,105 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 02:46 PM UTC
Can some one help me fix this post so that the image is uploaded. I don't know how to do that yet. Thanks.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 02:54 PM UTC
Ok james you need to edit your post and at the beginning of the adress of pic you need to put this

[ img ]

and this one at the end without space in the bracket

[ /img ]
it will work
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 03:17 PM UTC
Use the url= button, second one in from the left below the text box url=http://put.url.here]linkname[/url
Where it says linkname is where you put in the properties of the pic, in this case its
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/feature/2686/dsc_7819text.jpg

In between the = and the ] where it says http://put.url.here is where you copy paste the url from at the top of the feature in the address bar, in this case its
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/2686

cheers
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 10:06 PM UTC
what a coincidence, I just orderded the US HET 2 days ago. I had to sell a kidney for it so it better be a good kit

So ofcourse I would like to know how it was to build it, any hints or tips that might be useful for me?
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 10:14 PM UTC
Damn thats a nice model! Looks huge and the paint finish is spot on.

I really need to start saving for one of these....
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Armorama: 1,763 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 10:18 PM UTC
Superb kit. The building and painting are masterful.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 03:28 PM UTC
That sure is a beautiful build there Dung, top notch paint and weathering. Do you have any plans with her later on…trailer maybe or diorama. Again great job!

I just love engineer and transportation vehicles, I would do anything to get one. I would be up to scratchbuild it but the problem would be getting the tires.

Happy Modeling,
Joe S.
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 1,379 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 03:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That sure is a beautiful build there Dung, top notch paint and weathering. Do you have any plans with her later on…trailer maybe or diorama. Again great job!

I just love engineer and transportation vehicles, I would do anything to get one. I would be up to scratchbuild it but the problem would be getting the tires.

Happy Modeling,
Joe S.

Joe the tire HETS s are the same as PLS and can be found via Real model as separate kit.

Otherwise this kit is very beautyful.

There is is a little mistake with the color for the air/electrical wires a the rear end. Here the real things (on my webshots page)

hondacivic
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 06:25 PM UTC
Thanks for all comments!

@mat: may i get your email to send the pics in progess?

@Joe: i sent the pics of the Dragon MLRS M270 on trailer, but i don't know why the editors have just posted only the tractor

@Pascal: i could not find the red wire and i forgot to paint it.
Peelou75
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 140 posts
Armorama: 138 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 09:19 AM UTC
What a beautiful beast My favourite dream is I buy a kit from the Accurate Armour after I won the national lottery
Well done job Dung! I like the well balanced painting and weathering.
woofwoof
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 12:49 PM UTC
Hi Dung

I have the same model (with trailer) It really is superb when built (26 inches long!!). I have a few finishing touches and weathering to do. I find the instructions very hard and had to use referance photos from the internet. The windows are extreamly hard to cut to size, I must have had 6 attempts at it.

You have built a very good representation of the model, well done and thanks for the photo's

Kind regards

Phil
sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 761 posts
Armorama: 455 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 01:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Happy Modeling,
Joe S.

Joe the tire HETS s are the same as PLS and can be found via Real model as separate kit.

Otherwise this kit is very beautyful.

There is is a little mistake with the color for the air/electrical wires a the rear end. Here the real things (on my webshots page)

I saw a few of these on flatbed trucks, and the coiled hoses were blue and red. Maybe its dependant on whether it is a US or Brit version.
hondacivic
Visit this Community
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Friday, August 07, 2009 - 06:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Dung

I have the same model (with trailer) It really is superb when built (26 inches long!!). I have a few finishing touches and weathering to do. I find the instructions very hard and had to use referance photos from the internet. The windows are extreamly hard to cut to size, I must have had 6 attempts at it.
Phil

Nice to know that! I've sent the pics of the trailer and MLRS on her to the Editors, hoping them help me to post.

The windows were my nightmare, i must cut the floor of the cabin to fix them. Cheers!

Dung Lam
oshkosh
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 08:46 PM UTC
I drive these for a living, if anybody needs any specific photos or info then please email me at [email protected]
LarryLawler
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 08:35 AM UTC
Hey guys, I've run these beasts in both the States, and Iraq. I've got a pile of pics in anticipation of starting my Accurate Armor HET tractor/trailer. The air line colors are pretty much universal, red for emergency, blue for service. These colors are seen on all types of tactical vehicles, such as PLS's, M915's, and, of course, HET's......
 _GOTOTOP