1/72 hasegawa panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger I. E
astonman
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 02:41 PM UTC
Hi,

This is my first build up post Ive built about 12 1/72nd scale military models and I like to ad a little of a personal touch to them . This is what appears to be an older Hasegawa Early tiger kit. The kit seemed very simple compared to what I was used to so I made it more complex. I added photo etch accessories and I custom made parts when necessary. as of now the hull is almost complete and the turret has been started. I planned on adding a full turret interior and substructure. That could be removed from the model for display. Let mo know if you see anything that I should add. I started the model a while ago with a specific reference picture in mind , however since I started I lost the hard copy and my hard drive was erased. so now Im just going by the seat of my pants.

Box cover art

Some of the front detail

rear detail

rear deck detail
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 04:34 PM UTC
Steve, looking really good! Love the interior details, are they =really= not part of the kit? Some of the posts here make me realize why I don't post my pathetic builds.

Pouting....

AJ
margrave1234
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 11:22 PM UTC
You've done a great job with what is a very old and basic kit, especially compared to the models currently available from Dragon and Revell. While you're at it you should probably replace the front machine gun as it is way too thick...

Tim.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 11:44 PM UTC
great work! althoughn i will agree on the machine gun!
wing_nut
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
Armorama: 674 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 12:40 AM UTC
I was so stunned bythe beautiful detail... I didn't even notice the MG.. Great work.
 _GOTOTOP