_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
SFH 18
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 01:56 AM UTC
Working on my artillery piece the German sfh 18 from dragon and have one question, what are the two cylinders on the front to the left and right of the barrel? Not sure how to secure them down. Are they just supposed to hang there?
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 02:06 AM UTC
I think, you mean the barrel-elevation hydraulic-cylinders.

On my 10cm sK18 gun, I glued them... so my barrel is nearly elevated to zero degrees.

greetings...
Soeren
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 05:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Working on my artillery piece the German sfh 18 from dragon and have one question, what are the two cylinders on the front to the left and right of the barrel? Not sure how to secure them down. Are they just supposed to hang there?

Hi Shain,

Those cylinders on the left and right of the barrel are the pneumatic equilibrators. To secure them, you connect the U shape piece at the top of the cylinder onto the extension piece on both trunions Then once the top is secured, connect the plastic cylinder parts to the bottom extensions of the trunions. Below is a pic of my build (here on armorama as well).

Also, if yiu havent connected them yet, be extremely careful when connecting the U pieces to the trunion extensions as these are very fragile and can bend or brake easily.

HTH,

Rob
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 02:24 AM UTC
"lso, if yiu havent connected them yet, be extremely careful when connecting the U pieces to the trunion extensions as these are very fragile and can bend or brake easily."

Thats correct. On my kit, the "u-shaped parts" broke away while glueing. I had some extra-work to correct this.

Soeren
 _GOTOTOP