Emhar releases 1/24 Bedford O Series truck
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 03:06 PM UTC
Hi Everyone,

Haven't been on the internet for a number of weeks now so I don't know if this is news or not. It seems that Emhar has finally released their 1/24 scale Bedford truck models. They are of the common prewar O Series trucks and from what I've been able to see they look like they're really well done.

These trucks were a fairly common site in the commonwealth countries and look like they'd be an ideal platform for conversion as these trucks were called upon to do so much. This is certainly a great release for large scale military modelers as it adds to much needed "non armor" side.

Now if I can just get that 1/24 scale six pounder worked out to go with it...........

Jim Banner
Large Scale Armory
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 06:15 PM UTC
So far as I can find out the 'O'series as in the Emhar kits wasn't a military model (in the UK anyway). It was redesigned with a flat fronted cab as the 'OX' and 'OY' .

'O' series:

'OX' series:
PITERPANZER
Visit this Community
Gdańsk, Poland
KitMaker: 319 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 - 08:15 AM UTC
Good news and great to hear You again !
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 - 02:44 PM UTC
Hi Piotr!

Hi Dave, thanks for the info on the Bedford. To tell you the truth though, I wasn't thinking of the Emhar version as a military truck so much as a civilian truck pressed into military service. My thoughts were more along the lines of one of the multitudes of vehicles commandeered by both sides and used for military purposes.

My own idea is that of one of these Bedfords at a railway junction or supply depot being loaded with material. Or, even better, perhaps uploading some LRDG vehicles before they depart on a patrol. I see a great many opportunities for various diorama uses.

thanks,
Jim
Large Scale Armory
 _GOTOTOP