_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Lifecolor vs Tamiya
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 - 07:35 AM UTC
Wow, thanks for the varied comments on this! I'm in the process of trying LC to see how it manages. I've order a couple along with their thinner. Now, what do you all use to clean your aibrush with after shooting the paint? Distilled Water? Windex?

Thanks,

Rob
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
KitMaker: 1,507 posts
Armorama: 1,304 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 - 07:57 AM UTC
hmm, i use just a regular thinner (thinner 21 it's called i believe). after i have finished painting, i fill 1/3 of the AB cup with it and spray on.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 - 05:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, thanks for the varied comments on this! I'm in the process of trying LC to see how it manages. I've order a couple along with their thinner. Now, what do you all use to clean your aibrush with after shooting the paint? Distilled Water? Windex?

Thanks,

Rob

Windex, or Medea airbrush cleaner.
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 05:33 AM UTC
Thanks guys (Matan and Matt)!!!!

I've got the paints and thinner so I'll try giving this thing a try today or this weekend...

Rob
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 07:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks guys (Matan and Matt)!!!!

I've got the paints and thinner so I'll try giving this thing a try today or this weekend...

Rob

Rob, thin it about 60/40 paint/thinner. Spray it on in many light coats at 10-15 PSI. It will take several coats before you start to get a solid color. Don't try to rush it. You will be impressed by the way the paint sucks down and forms a perfect micro - skin on the model. Lifecolor just gives a beautiful paint job. It's almost a shame to weather it!
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 07:59 AM UTC
Thanks, Matt! Will follow your advice....

Rob
bellers
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 253 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 04:08 AM UTC
i keep looking at the lifecolor sets and realy want to try them as the ral colors look spot on.my consern is that i carnt fined some where that sells all the ral colors on there owne to replace when one runs out
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i keep looking at the lifecolor sets and realy want to try them as the ral colors look spot on.my consern is that i carnt fined some where that sells all the ral colors on there owne to replace when one runs out

Wayne,
Living in England, you are in luck! The two best Lifecolor suppliers on the market are British.

https://airbrushes.com/index

http://www.simple2trade.com/

They carry every single Lifecolor color in individual bottles and their prices are very good. Good enough to make it worth ordering from them from this side of the pond in quantity.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 09:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Wayne,
Living in England, you are in luck! The two best Lifecolor suppliers on the market are British.

https://airbrushes.com/index

http://www.simple2trade.com/

They carry every single Lifecolor color in individual bottles and their prices are very good. Good enough to make it worth ordering from them from this side of the pond in quantity.

Yes indeed and you should also consider Rob at Cammett as another source of Lifecolor paints. All round good guy and frequently at model shows up and down the UK. At Euro Militaire presently.

Cammett

Alan
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 09:29 AM UTC
Dont bother cleaning your AB with Windex if you are using Lifecolor. Just run the part under the sink and the paint will come right off.
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 03:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dont bother cleaning your AB with Windex if you are using Lifecolor. Just run the part under the sink and the paint will come right off.

True. When shooting Lifecolor I use Medea airbrush cleaner.
 _GOTOTOP