_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Any more Shermans?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 06:56 AM UTC
I guess to a true Shermanholic there is no such thing as too many Shermans. I'm not fanatical about it but I certainly have my share, and according to my SWMBO several other people's share, of Shermans. Looking over the stash I notice that between what I have now, and those kits that have recently been released that I haven't bought yet, there really isn't much left in Shermans I really, really want. The only two major variants I can think of that I'd like to see done, in plastic and in 1/35 scale, are the Jumbo and a DD swiming tank.

So what Sherman variants would you really, reaaly want to have made that hasn't been done yet?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 07:40 AM UTC
Hi Rodger, I'd like to see an M32 with a welded turret and a Sexton SPG. I think we will see a Jumbo at some stage but I don't hold out much hope for a DD Tank.
JackBlock
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 128 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 07:44 AM UTC
Would love to see DD Tank? Dare to dream
Dave
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 07:55 AM UTC
just some to name,
ram mk1 and mkII
sexton SPG
m31/ m32 recovery vehicles
m4a3e2 jumbo
dd sherman
m4 / m4a1 with wading stacks
a decent m7 priest, the academy one is a POS
more DV shermans
ram kangaroo
calliope sherman done in plastic ( revell's is a old reissue)
dozer sherman
sherman flame tanks used in PTO on Iwo
muchachos
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 07:59 AM UTC
I am in no way a shermanaholic, but I would love a Ram, being Canadian.
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,141 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 08:44 AM UTC
A proper dry stowage M4A3 with & w/out direct vision slots would be nice.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
Dutchy3RTR
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 337 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 08:55 AM UTC
There's supposed to be a resin Sexton SPG on the way from Ordnance Factory. It was due in July apparently.
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 09:25 AM UTC
I wan Tasca to do a welded hull version of a US vehicle.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 09:48 AM UTC
I'm waiting on the Tasca M4. It was the first one they advertised, after that it's gottta be a Sherman DD and a Sexton SP Gun followed by a RAM and Kangaroo APC.

The next generation should all have interiors and engines - it's so much more build for your bucks, hats off to Academy for the M3 Grant, faults and all it's one of the most fun builds I've done. No hurry though I've at least another 15 Sherman projects to go as well as finishing off the ones I've built

With the appearance of the early British armour there should be enough around to see me into my grave, but I do hope we get a few new trucks along the way too.

Al
Damraska
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 580 posts
Armorama: 499 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 09:58 AM UTC
I am kinda Shermand out but would really like to see a proper Iwo Jima M4A3 with wading stacks and EECs. It can be done now but requires a bit of kit bashing.

I would immediately buy and build an accurate M32, preferably including a decent interior.

The Jumbo is an obvious hole.

Resin conversions exist for things like flail, rocket, mine rolling, and dozer tanks, but I would prefer decent plastic kits of same. Frankly, I like oddball variants more than the standard gun tanks.

-Doug
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 10:08 AM UTC
For years, these sites were littered with comments like "No .. not more german" and the likes. Let me be the first to start the chants for "No... not more shermans"
Actaully Im glad for those who shermaholics ... its great times .... but Id love to see other allied items done instead. Ive built a few shermans over the years .. but it feels like every week theres another one on the way.

Im going to dissapear for a few days unitl the flak dies down
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 11:04 AM UTC
I would like to see more PTO Shermans. I would like to at least have a manufacturer put out plastic wading stacks for all the variants if they are not going to include them in a kit. Same goes for the dozer blade. Also, some good tracks with the three bar cleat pattern. I don't ask for the complete interior but some basic details visible through the open hatches and turret interior is needed.

For variants we need a new priest, M10 and M36. We also need crews for these and each of the above listed variants, to bring them to life.

I would also really like to see the M27 (60% of the parts were from the M4A3 so it counts as a variant). Over 200 were produced. There are plenty of paper panzers and one of a kinds out there so why not make their counterpart? And again, it needs to be in plastic as I can barely afford the new kits as it is.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only two major variants I can think of that I'd like to see done, in plastic and in 1/35 scale, are the Jumbo and a DD swiming tank.

So what Sherman variants would you really, reaaly want to have made that hasn't been done yet?

As an unashamed Shermaholic I still long for plastic variants of the following:

M4 DV early
M4 105mm Late hulled
M32 variants
Sherman V Crab Flail
DD on both M4A1 , A2 and A4 hulls
Jumbo
and the distant cousin the Sexton SPG but with CDP tracks

Cheers
Al

_GOTOTOP