Hosted by Darren Baker
M6 Bradley Linebacker
redraider
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
Armorama: 305 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 07:02 AM UTC
This is my Dragon M6 Bradley Linebacker. I have added some grab handles and the wiring for the smoke grenade launchers. Comments and questions are welcome.

Terry

Splinty2001
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 283 posts
Armorama: 181 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 01:16 PM UTC
That's a really nice Linebacker. Where'd you get the stowage from?
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 05:22 PM UTC
Looks good. One thing I've noticed on a few builds of this kit, Dragon forgot or didn't bother with the large rectangular box thingy on the right front side of the turret (I'm assuming it's something to do with target acquisition?). It's even visible on the box top and would seem to be a pretty important part of the Linebacker. Here's a couple pics off the interweb that show it.

Jim
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 04:35 AM UTC
Terry, quite a beautifully done Bradley. The storage really adds to the effect and the weathering on the body is extremely nicely done. It's both rather subtle yet unmistakable (which I find difficult to do with a desert operating vehicle). Love the way you have the track going over the rock on the left side, a nice touch. IMO, the road wheels dark colouring appears too uniformly dark and the red on the optics comes out rather bold in the pictures. Again, overall a nice piece of work and thanks for sharing your build.

Cheers,
tread_geek
redraider
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
Armorama: 305 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 - 03:39 AM UTC
Thanks to all! The stowage is from Legends Productions.

Terry
ADAMikeGolf
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 03:36 AM UTC
That box in the front next to the coax is the housing for the IFF antenna.
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 03:50 AM UTC
Nicely done.

If you look at the 2nd picture that Jim posted, you can see how the road wheels end up taking on a look pretty close to the tracks.... that of a tan/brown/sand/earth coloring. Your black car seems pretty stark in comparison, especially since you've done the tracks up very nicely.
FlaminPole
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2011 - 11:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That box in the front next to the coax is the housing for the IFF antenna.

Ha! I knew it, I was just going to suggest that. If you look at an either the Avenger or Patriot systems those are also odd looking flat chunks that don't resemble any sort of regular antenna either.

I had no idea Dragon (Dragon as in the people who make only 1946 German Armor right?) made an M6. I'll definitely have to hunt one down; this is waaay too cool of a piece of equipment for ADA...I guess thats why they took it away.

I like the look of your model, it looks 'realistic' versus many desert builds which are overdone (probably including my own...). I'm torn about the red vision blocks though, I would probably have gone with a blue or green shade myself.
 _GOTOTOP