_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IPMS/AMPSEast 2009 call for judges
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Friday, September 04, 2009 - 12:52 PM UTC
Hi All,

IPMS/AMPS EAST 2009 is fast approaching on September 26, 2009. For more info on the show itself, go to: http://www.ampseast.org/. We’ll be having all the usual fun: seminars, vendors and the contest. Which brings me to my next topic: the contest. WE NEED JUDGES! For those of you who attended last year’s extravaganza, you’ll remember we had 250+ models. For the AMPS system, that requires 4 judges for every piece, that’s a lot of man-hours. If you are coming and you are competing, I would strongly suggest you consider a judging tour. They’re 90 minutes long and will help us out a lot. The judge’s meeting is at 8 am and as a “thank you” the judges are allowed first crack at the vendors. Ideally, I’d like to have manpower for 3 tables to start the show (12 judges and one runner). So please, if you are planning on coming to the show the night before, and staying at the hotel, I’d really appreciate it if you would come and lend a hand early on. I’m going to post the sign-up sheet on the web. It won’t be interactive, but just send me an e-mail to the address on the bottom of the page and I’ll get you in. It will, however, be on a first-come, first-serve basis and I’ll use the posting time as my determining factor. Here’s the url for the schedule: http://decalcomaniacs.net/IPMSAMPSEAST/schedule.pdf

There is a note of etiquette and courtesy to your fellow competitors and show staff I’d like to bring up. Last year, we had people who brought a lot of models for competition and then did not help with the show. While this works fine at an IPMS-style judging arrangement, it is death for an AMPS show. It effectively floods the judges with models and gives no additional manpower to move entries through the system. Last year we had judges who sat for 3 hours straight. It is unfair to ask them to do it again. If you don’t feel qualified to judge (for whatever reason), there are plenty of administrative jobs to be done in running the show. I look forward to seeing everyone on the 26th of September and I look forward to working with you at the show.

Regards,

Georg Eyerman

Chief Judge

IPMS/AMPSEast 2009
 _GOTOTOP