Hosted by Darren Baker
Willys Jeep - First attempt at photoetch
JakeSh
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 06:28 PM UTC
So I've been painting miniatures for years, but I grew up building models. Its been such a long time since I built one that I figured I'd give it a shot and build one into a diorama. I got a Hasegawa Willy's Jeep about a year ago, with all the Hauler photoetch and extra parts, and I finally worked up the nerve to give it a shot. I'm on a big post-apocalyptic kick right now, so I figured I'd build it up in a sci-fi theme, so I didn't get stressed about historical details.

I worked a bit last night and a few hours today, I built a bomb from a Eduard P-40 I had laying around, then got to work on the suspension. Not bad for my first try and a few hours of work, eh?

Just another little preview of the style I'm aiming for. Thats a trailer from a Tamiya Kettenkraftrad. I built most of it, but just never got it finished.

Let me know what you think. I'll try to keep this build updated as much as possible.

Also... my online miniature gallery if anyone is interested.
http://coolminiornot.com/artist/jakesh
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 07:42 PM UTC
Looks pretty good from what I can see. Is the Hasegawa kit 1:35 or 1:48 scale?

BTW, nice work in your CMON gallery - be sure to post some of it over on Historicus Forma or ModelGeek, our figure and SciFi sites respectively.

Rudi
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 12:43 AM UTC
The PE on the bomb is great. Nice work in such a small scale. No sign of glue that I can see.
JakeSh
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 10:12 AM UTC
The kit is 1/48th. I'll try to get a pic of all the resin bits that came from Hauler. The one set includes a sweet M2 on a mount. Highly recommended.

So far today I finished the suspension and the drivetrain, and I'm about to prep the model by cleaning it with rubbing alcohol. After that I will lay down a basecoat of Tamiya OD Green with my airbrush. Thats the M2 ammo box in that picture.

Prep.
modelpanzer
Visit this Community
Portugal
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 02:47 AM UTC
Looking really nice

José César
 _GOTOTOP