_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Latest from Plus Model
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 09:04 PM UTC
Plus Model have just sent us notification of their latest releases in 1/35th scale. Some very useful additions to their already considerable range can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 09:17 PM UTC
The Return of the (In)famous Plus Model Girls !!
But the rest of the stuff looks really interesting indeed...
Frenchy
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 09:27 PM UTC
Interesting releases,
Those women wouldn't look good to a sailor, after a day drinking and three months at sea.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 09:49 PM UTC
Hi

Whatever you say and regardless of the fact Plus Model send this stuff to armorama, in the context of today's standard of resin figures being produced these are terrible.

It's the only thing in Plus Models range that lets them down. The other items across their product range are excellent. They need to source themselves a new figure sculptor.

There are plenty of talented ones on the market as clearly shown by the other companies such as Alpine Miniatures, Evolution Miniatures, Bravo-6, The Bodi, NWM, figures. I'm even a little uneasy about the subject matter that seems to be running through their recent figure releases, maybe it's unintentional, but recent female releases seem to major on ladies offering certain services.

Alan
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 10:14 PM UTC
Alan, I do agree with your comments regarding the figures, but, unfortunately, they become the story rather than their many other releases. Nowadays, with the quality of figures improving by leaps and bounds, it's difficult (impossible?) to justify figures of that type on the market - no debate. My only concern is that people see beyond (ignore?) these and look at the other items they produce.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 02:11 AM UTC
That mess kit is great! These items can make a central story line for a diorama.
Nice job overall.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 03:15 AM UTC
I think we all have a laugh at the figures, but their other stuff is TOP DRAWER and will get attention.

(Speaking as a consumer and not an editor)
I usually just buy the stuff I love and don't comment on its announcement. I bet the same thing is happening here. If you want to outfit an interior of a building (house, factory, store) PM is the way to go.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 03:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My only concern is that people see beyond (ignore?) these and look at the other items they produce.

Jim,
I think Plus models is at the forefront of aftermarket accessories. Absolute top of the line, interesting subjects, quality casting, et al.
Speaking as an average purchasing modeler, I always look to Plus Models for diorama accessories. And I usually look at their stuff first, because of the esoteric subject matter and kit quality.

But they continue to release (female) figures that are (for lack of a better word) "bad".

Although I am puzzled that they keep coming up with very odd looking figure releases, they certainly generate a lot of forum chatter and remember 'any publicity is good publicity'

Maybe there is a method to their madness and Plus Models is on to something?

Anyway based on their overall line, I don't think many people judge the company's products based on the figures alone.

Cheers,
Charles

muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 04:10 AM UTC
hi
Like the Mess sets & the barrels etc, but they can keep the women .
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 08:37 AM UTC
Yes, figures aside the other items look good with the exception of the SMLE rifles that seem to be missing the rear sight and a few opther details:

Here's a pic of the Ultracast set which as you can see are much superior:

Al
downtowndeco
Visit this Community
Montana, United States
KitMaker: 306 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 06:16 AM UTC
Well, I would have to agree. the figures could be better. Maybe part of the problem is that the paint job could have been better. Also, the girl in the blue dress reminds me of the Sienfeld episode where Jerry dates the girl with "man" hands. : )
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 04:26 PM UTC
Gotta agree totaly with Dave...........No ammount of beer will make these two ,sort of female figures, look good. They are about as bad as the one we saw a couple of weeks ago along with the guy that had the thousand yard stare and the shrunk up clothes. Whats up???? Sure would like to see some more well sculpted civilians ....including females. They don't have to look beautiful, but they should at least look human..............Al........
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 04:49 PM UTC
Neat little selection apart from the obviously terrible figures. They make the female Luftwaffe figure in Italeri's Schwimmwagen kit look good!
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 01:07 AM UTC
The stove is fantastic, bring back memories of checking on the cooks and getting my coffee and green eggs in the field.

The officers mess kit is nice.... in all my years we never used it. Too much of a pain plus the officers ate the same way as everyone else.

Now all you need is some drums with smoke stacks coming out of them for the immersion heaters to clean your mess kits

Ahhh.....makes me hungry for a mess kit filled with mashed potatoes in the rain!!....Yummm

Rounds Complete!!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 08:25 AM UTC
Nice looking sets. Anyone know what time era for the feild stove. I've seen one that mounted in the back of a 2 1/2 ton but can't remember who did it.
 _GOTOTOP