_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
105 mm Howitzer Pictures
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 06:36 AM UTC
Greetings all. My SWMBO is currently taking a photo course at a local college and has had various assignments of things to shoot (pun intended?). Anyway, she chose a memorial at a local Polish Veterans Legion and did a sort of walk around of the 105 mm piece. I'm not sure of the designation of this weapon but the plate on the side of the cradle appears to read:

CARRIAGE, HOW, 105MM
M2
ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL

As I am currently building an M119 light gun I know that detail images can be very important to the builder. It is for this reason that I've created a gallery to share these images with this forum. Hope that they are in some way helpful.

Link to Gallery

Cheers,
tread_geek

P.S. For Safari browser users, if you control-click on an image (not a thumbnail) and select "Open Image In New Tab" you'll see a much larger picture displayed in the new tab.
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 08:40 AM UTC
Wow, just found this thread, Jan! Excellent pictures and just what I've been looking for as I have a 105mm in the stash I'll be building soon (as soon as I can finish that dreaded sFH18!)

Please thank your wife for me for taking these superb pictures and, of course, I thank you for sharing them!

Cheers,

Rob
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 11:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, just found this thread, Jan! Excellent pictures and just what I've been looking for as I have a 105mm in the stash I'll be building soon (as soon as I can finish that dreaded sFH18!)

Rob, thank you for acknowledging the pictures and I am very glad that they might prove useful. I just thought that I'd try to help others out like so many great posts here at Armorama have helped me get back into the hobby.

Quoted Text

Please thank your wife for me for taking these superb pictures and, of course, I thank you for sharing them!

I showed my wife your posting here and she was delighted. The pictures are part of a college photo course that she is taking and she chose the subject with my modelling interests in mind. Because of your gracious response she has instructed me to inform you that if you need any further reference pictures she'd be delighted to take them for you. As if I don't have a clue around a camera! Enjoy and I hope that they assist your build.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP