_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Panzershop P-40 long track radar
Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 962 posts
Armorama: 786 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 10:01 AM UTC
Good aftrenoon
Has any one built this kit it looks like it would be a good build,as any pictures would be nice.
thanks
jd
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 06:57 PM UTC
[P-40 long track radar

Quite an impressive kit but it need some serious work though! Richard Polderman is building this kit at the moment. You can always send him an email, just look over at the url..

Cheers!
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 - 03:11 AM UTC
I've got it.

It's typical Panzershop kit I would say. The PE parts are very good, but I thought they were made by Eduard anyway. The resin is a bit difficult to work with compared to other manufacturers like Accurate Armour. Some parts are so huge that there are some problems with shrinking. The whole " shed" on the back did not fit the bottom plate in my kit.

Bad thing is that there is no interior at all.

But if you have some experience with resin kits it is doable. Take your time with the radar though!!
talib
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 177 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 - 05:40 PM UTC
Hi!
Some interesting pics for you
http://photofile.name/users/coast70/135165249/

It's from repair train.

Jurien, very interesting build. That's a pity, that it's not in english;-(
andymon
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 03:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jurien, very interesting build. That's a pity, that it's not in english;-(

Hi,

ask google.

Andreas
dazzer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 05:57 AM UTC
HI
Heres a link to have a look see,scroll down about half way and there are some pics of completed kit.
hope this helps Also some other nice beasties on this site too

http://www.armour-models.co.uk/model_kit_panzer_shop.html

darren
Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 962 posts
Armorama: 786 posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 - 02:04 AM UTC
Well I broke down and bought one yesteerday, should keep me busyfor a while.
jd
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 - 03:17 PM UTC
I got one. Good luck. Make sure you solder the PE parts, Superglue does not work, or so I am told. I am practicing my soldering on other kits before I tackle my beast.
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 07:58 PM UTC
One of the worst mistakes with these AT-T variants made by Panzershop: The wrong tracks!!! Just count the theeth of the sprockets: Panzershops is just adding the T-72 tracks to their kits with the sprockets having 14 teeth... thats WRONG!

You have to use the Friul Tracks for the T-55, sprockets of the Tamiya T-55 (they are the best out there in my opinion). Now you have to cut the terminal connectors (is that the right word in english?) off the T-55 tracks, so you will get the RIGHT tracks for all these AT-T variants.

For more information read this one:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/1857

For all those putting an immense amount of work in their kits: do that one right, Panzershop is doing it wrong! The AT-T (and variants) tracks are totally different in size and fit! Most visible difference: sprockets (as I said: count the teeth and see what I mean!)
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 08:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

One of the worst mistakes with these AT-T variants made by Panzershop: The wrong tracks!!! Just count the theeth of the sprockets: Panzershops is just adding the T-72 tracks to their kits with the sprockets having 14 teeth... thats WRONG!

You have to use the Friul Tracks for the T-55, sprockets of the Tamiya T-55 (they are the best out there in my opinion). Now you have to cut the terminal connectors (is that the right word in english?) off the T-55 tracks, so you will get the RIGHT tracks for all these AT-T variants.

For more information read this one:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/1857

For all those putting an immense amount of work in their kits: do that one right, Panzershop is doing it wrong! The AT-T (and variants) tracks are totally different in size and fit! Most visible difference: sprockets (as I said: count the teeth and see what I mean!)

I missed that one completely. the question is now: is one set ot Friul T-55 tracks enough for the P40? I recall my kit came with a set of T-72 tracks and some extra loose ones.
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 08:14 PM UTC
Good question. I know that usually you have more links in a set than you need for a kit of "normal" size... but if they are really enough... I'm not sure about that. So I would order 2 sets of T-55 Friuls for the P-40. The spare ones (and there'll be enough of them!) can be definitely used on another T-55 project

So: yes, you have to buy 2 sets but you can use them for both the P-40 and one more T-55!
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 12:38 AM UTC
and afterwards you have one extra T-72 set to build another expensive Miniarm T-72 conversion

I believe I have some leftover T-55 tracks, so perhaps i can get away with buying 1 set.

_GOTOTOP