_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
selecting airbrush
ACHTUNG
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 03:47 AM UTC
im just wondering what is the best way to choose airbruh and air compressor for beginners ?
is it ok if the compresor doesnt have air pressure level ? which one do u choose ,compressor without air pressure level but with double action airbrush or viceversa?and can anybody just show/tell me the basic way to do the airbrush ? what thinner do u use ?how u mix the colour with thinner ?..etc
Thank you very much for ur help guys
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 04:03 AM UTC
Try these to start:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/1

https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/5
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 04:04 AM UTC
Wow - we've had this discussion online many times.... there is no "true" answer, but here are some suggestions:

a) are you an experienced user? If so, go for a double-action unit... if you are just starting out, consider the simpler (and cheaper) units like the solid and reliable Badger 350.

b) How much will you use it? If you are going to do a LOT of airbrush work, then invest in one of the nice compressors like the one found at Walmart for $90... be sure to invest in a moisture trap if your unit doesn't come with one.... on the other hand, if your use will be sporadic, perhaps consider getting a refillable canister - the advantage is that they are quiet, cheap, and a 5 gallon air tank will give you PLENTY of use betwen fillups.

c) I use a Badger 350 primarily, along with a Campbell-Hausfield tank... great success and low cost. The nice thing about Badger 350 is that the Tamiy small paint bottles screw directly into the airbrush, meaning I don't have to invest in a lot of extra mixing bottles.

Many others with great experience will certainly chip in their thought... my suggestion is to wait until several of the guru's share their thoughts before making your purchase.
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 08:41 AM UTC
magee is right their is no right answer
Im working with a badger 150 with fine nozzle and needle
but other people really love their aztek

maybe if you have a friend who has an airbrush try 2 borrow/use if and see what you like
I just can tell you when I first used mine I loved it
and tought I had 2 get one years ago
 _GOTOTOP