Hosted by Darren Baker
ICM 1:72 BM13-16 Katiusha, Heaven help me
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 12:57 PM UTC
I finished this kit...barely... not so long ago. It is a SHOCKING kit by ICM, as nothing fit, hence no spare tyre rack and a plethora of other issues mainly as I wanted it done and at the back of the cabinet.

I did debate whether to even post images online of this evil little thing in fear of ridicule et al, but figured it had to be shown in the light of day at some stage if only to warn those who have one lurking barely hidden in their stash.

I had to disassemble and relocate the front axle assembly 2mm (yes 2mm!) forward to site them properly over the front wheel arches. The windscreen (left and right fell in) not that you can see them)and a plethora of other issues.

Did I mention a black cat and a ladder outside the hobby store?

On a plus side, the kit (except rockets) is remarkably nicely detailed and well moulded and I did replace some parts with wire for strength. Painted with Vallejo and weathered with an oil wash and MIG pigments

The images make the model look like it is floating over the base (uhhh, the base...), which it is not!

My apologies if it offends!

Cheers

Mike
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 06:48 PM UTC
Michael,

You have done a super job on this one! Thanks for the heads up as I have one of these in the stash. At the rate that I'm building it will be a while before I can get to it but when I do I will most certainly be using your example here for referance. If you could post an angled rear view image shot?

I like the subdued weathering and the few items (fire extingisher, front bumper, missles, tires, headlights and door emblems ) that help add color to an otherwise all green vehicle. Glad you brought this one out for all of us here on the Internet to see.

Thanks for sharing this one, keep up the good work!

-Eddy
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 03:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Michael,

You have done a super job on this one! Thanks for the heads up as I have one of these in the stash. At the rate that I'm building it will be a while before I can get to it but when I do I will most certainly be using your example here for referance. If you could post an angled rear view image shot?

I like the subdued weathering and the few items (fire extingisher, front bumper, missles, tires, headlights and door emblems ) that help add color to an otherwise all green vehicle. Glad you brought this one out for all of us here on the Internet to see.

Thanks for sharing this one, keep up the good work!

-Eddy

Eddy

As requested

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 06:43 AM UTC
Thanks for sharing and especially the warning, Michael. An out of town hobby shop carries a few ICM kits and I've often wondered about trying one. Based on what you've said, I think that I'll pass. Despite the problems you've done a most equitable job on the kit.

Cheers,
tread_geek
subjugator
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 105 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 04:03 PM UTC
Superb job, especially considering the scale !
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 - 07:32 PM UTC
Michael,

Thanks for posting that last photo for me. Hope that my ICM 1:72 BM13-16 Katiusha will turn out as nice and detailed as yours.

-Eddy
 _GOTOTOP