_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Need some Magach 6B / Sabra detail photos
KursadA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 05:42 AM UTC
I am in the process of scratchbuilding a Turkish M60T (basically based on the Sabra 2 and the 120mm Merkava 3/4 gun), and I need close-up photos of the turret bustle rack and the front top turret area, near the main sight.

I'm pretty sure the turret bustle rack is identical to those on the Magach 6B/Gal Batash. Even Legend seems to have chosen the easy way and depicted this area with a tarp cover; but I need the structural details and the overall shape.

Can anyone help?
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 08:30 AM UTC
A quick search on Google revealed this photo on Flickr.

-YL
KursadA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 70 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A quick search on Google revealed this photo on Flickr.

-YL

Thanks. I have this photo (and many others of the same tank taken during the same exhibit); but the problem is that the location of the tank made it impossible to photograph the front section of the turret top. I was hoping that the prototype (or some other Sabra Mk. III) was photographed in detail in Israel sometime..
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 - 05:14 PM UTC
Seems to look pretty close to the original Magach 7C/Sabra bin. Try here: Magach 7C

Jim
Yoni_Lev
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
Armorama: 394 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 09:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks. I have this photo (and many others of the same tank taken during the same exhibit); but the problem is that the location of the tank made it impossible to photograph the front section of the turret top. I was hoping that the prototype (or some other Sabra Mk. III) was photographed in detail in Israel sometime..

I have been unable to locate any pics of this particular area on the tank. I will keep my eyes peeled, though.

-YL
rfbaer
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,696 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 05:09 AM UTC
The book "Magach 6B Gal" by Michael Mass has excellent shots of the bustle rack, without any canvas on it. I'm using it to scratch one on a build I've got going (slowly).
 _GOTOTOP