Hosted by Darren Baker
half timbered farm
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 06:35 AM UTC

Hello all, this time Iīm working in this half timbered house. The base is plywood of 5 mm and cork of 2 mm thick. I have glued the half-timbered over the cork.
cheers
Carlos
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 03:46 PM UTC
Looks like another nice build Carlos. Will this be part of a collaboration between you and another modeler ?
Your buildings are always very interesting..........
Cheers,
Charles
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 08:26 PM UTC
Hi Carlos,
interesting build you have there.
What are you using as reference for it? I did study this kind of farms/houses for one of my own builds. There are quite a few of them around where I live. The wooden structure you are building looks too irregular/random, except for the part next to the door and window. That looks quite good.
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 10:01 PM UTC
Hi Charles, Ron thanks for your words.

Charles:
This piece is a master for a friendīs company .I hope that soon the model can be presented here at Armorama assembled&painted. thus I need take a compromise among accuracy and reproduction.

Ron, this pieces not represent a particular house, I do my how dessing based in real houses. for this model I used mainly this these photos, but adapted due that is for make copies. Not all half timbered houses have the same structure, she can vary among countries and among areas inside these countries You can see that in these photos that I have used (among others) .I want show here a very old house vhere afther years another part was attached.New part is a bit more straigth that old ones

I try also reproduce this texture using the cork

cheers
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 12:37 AM UTC
You use some of the best materials for your building sub-structures. The tin is great.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 - 05:47 AM UTC
Hi Carlos
Impressive work again. Can you tell us a bit about the tools and adhesive you use. For instance what saw do you use to cut the timber. Is it all box timber or is there some balsa there.

When are you going to write a book on this method?
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 06:49 PM UTC
This half timbered house looks good Carlos. It is the playful use of wood that makes these houses look so nice in reality. Very clever of you to use this thin wood and glue it simply over the cork base !
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 08:31 PM UTC
PAt, Guy thanks for give me your opinions.
PAt the glue that I use is white glue when I must stick cork with wood and UHU tipe glue when I must stick cork against cork.Altougth every of these glues can be used in every combination I prefer UHU for porous material due is density.I write some articles and soon will appear in Nordic Hedge a detailed step by step articles with in detail photos about how I do these houses.

About tools, I use basically a X-acto knife and a metallic rule.with X-acto I cut longitudinally the wood strip. for irregular sides I cut them free hand.I find these wood in a old propaganda calendar, but this wood can be find in ship modelling section.

I write some articles and soon will appear in Nordic Hedge a detailed step by step articles with in detail photos about how I do these houses.

cheers
Carlos

_GOTOTOP