_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Signup for Evolution of Armor campaign
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 02:50 AM UTC
Hi Guys,
Trying to start a campaign build that depicts the evolution of armor. I currently have a Marder 1A2 and a Tiger 1 Early that I am building. Would like to see some of the other Marders and Tigers built, or any other armor kits that reflect the evolution of armor. I.e. M3A1 Stuart-M5A1 Stuart, Tiger 1 early-King Tiger, and so on. Hoping to make this a 3 month campaigh, starting January first. If anyone is interested, sign up below.
That is, to say, you will have until January to select the models you want to build. The first suggestions will have prevelance. So, if 5 people ask for different models, everyone else would have to select their prefered kit from that model. I don't want to start this build before December, to help regulate spending. We all know how expensive Xmas is and that it doesn't matter cause we have the money to splurge afterwards.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 04:30 AM UTC
We had a campaign sort of like this before http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=188. I'm sure another would be welcomed although 3 months is kind of short for making (I'm assuming) two kits. January 1 is probably not a good starting time as there are many campaigns that might be running then. I think a start date of late spring or summer would be better.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 10:08 AM UTC
I like the idea, anything to have another reason to purchase more kits.

Robert
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
Very good idea. I'd like to join it (but please... give me a lot of time for building )

@ Gary - Father and Son campaign was (IMO) more narrow - participants had to build two tanks of the same nationality (i.e. Sherman and Abrams).

Andrzej
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 04:33 AM UTC
Ok Guys
Those of you who have already responded need to start thinking about the kit you wish to build. No dioramas, please. Preferably AFV, APC, or Tank. As soon as I have ten people on board, I will list the campaign in the correct forum. You guys get to set the models the rest of the guys build. So, let's have it. By the way, models must be chosen by mid-December. The campaign will end April first.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 07:11 AM UTC
Oh man.... It is absolutely not enough time for me to build two models... there are many campaings on going...

Andrzej
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 07:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok Guys
Those of you who have already responded need to start thinking about the kit you wish to build. No dioramas, please. Preferably AFV, APC, or Tank. As soon as I have ten people on board, I will list the campaign in the correct forum. You guys get to set the models the rest of the guys build. So, let's have it. By the way, models must be chosen by mid-December. The campaign will end April first.

I'm afraid that's not quite how it works. The start and end dates are more proposed dates. If I get 12 campaign proposals to start in December, most will get new start/end dates. We already have two campaigns starting in December so yours will definitely get moved. Right now there are 6 proposals that have at least 10 people interested and 6 more with less than 10 which may reach 10 before yours.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 09:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ok Guys

I'm afraid that's not quite how it works. The start and end dates are more proposed dates. If I get 12 campaign proposals to start in December, most will get new start/end dates. We already have two campaigns starting in December so yours will definitely get moved. Right now there are 6 proposals that have at least 10 people interested and 6 more with less than 10 which may reach 10 before yours.

Thank you for the insight. This is my first campaign. Ok we are going with a total of 10 people to start.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 11:56 AM UTC
First you have to get 10 people interested. That is what this thread will be for. I will change the title to "Signup for Tank Evolution Campaign" to make that clear.
 _GOTOTOP