_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Hello from the new Campaign Manager
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 07:04 PM UTC
I know people have been hoping that Mark would be able to recover from his health problems and get back in the saddle but I'm afraid it looks otherwise. As some may have noticed, I've been getting quite active in this forum lately (well, except for actually building anything) and I volunteered to pick up the load. Hopefully I won't make entire threads or photo galleries disappear by clicking the wrong thing.

My first order of business is to get galleries and official threads for currently running campaigns. There are only a few past campaigns that need some attention. Then comes the daunting task of figuring out when proposed campaigns will run. We don't want to have too many campaigns running at the same time so some of the proposed start dates will need changing. I will contact campaign leaders with any changes to their proposals. Of course now I have to figure out what levers to pull (and NOT pull) to make things happen.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 - 07:35 PM UTC
Gary,
Wow you are quick! Well best wishes getting this sorted. I know there are just a 'few' campaigns in the pending list so I hope everyone gives you a little slack while you get up to speed.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Jim
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 01:26 AM UTC
Thank you for devoting your time and efforts to this job,much appreciated.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 02:18 AM UTC
Good luck with your new function!
Be sure that I WILL bother you from time to time.

I also hope that Mark is getting better as we speak.

Andrzej
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 02:19 AM UTC
Hey Gary!

Holler if tou need some help!

Mike
Tonyfr
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 02:57 AM UTC
Gary,

Thanks for spending your time to help our hobby. I appreciate it.

I hope Mark gets well soon.

Tony
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 04:02 AM UTC
Well, it has been a busy night for me and Armorama and Kitmaker are still alive!

All currently running campaigns should now have a photo gallery and an official (pinned) thread. If not, PM me. As far as I know, there were only 2 past campaigns that still needed some effort: Die Bundeswehr and Viking. The campaign leader for Bundeswehr should now be able to hand out awards. I took over Viking and have handed out awards to those with photos in the gallery and sent PMs to those with finished photos in the thread but not in the gallery to upload a photo. That should take care of the Past and the Present.

My next task is to wade through the dozen or more campaign proposals and figure out some sort of schedule. There seems to be some duplicate proposals which I will make an effort to consolidate.

One of my long term goals is to move all past campaign galleries out of the "Currently Active Campaigns" gallery so that it will be easier for people to find the galleries which they need to upload to. That will take some experimentation on my part. Don't worry, I will experiment on special test galleries that I will create.

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 04:21 AM UTC
Thanks for stepping up Gary. I know it is appreciated by all.

If I can be of any help please let me know.

My best wishes for Mark.

HARV
 _GOTOTOP