_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaign ribbons question
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 01:27 AM UTC
Is there possibility to add several different ribbons to campaign site i.e.:
- gold ribbon for building model and figure on diorama
- silver ribbon for building model and figure
- bronze ribbon for building model only
and than add different ribbons to modeler’s profiles depending on their builds during the campaign?

Andrzej
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 02:03 AM UTC
I will look into it. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that on the campaign page but I seem to recall there were campaigns that awarded different types of ribbon (Suez Stripes comes to mind). I will look into this.
BobCard
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 847 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 02:32 AM UTC
Please say yes.
I was just planning on awarding which ever ribbon they won at the end of the campaign.
Bob
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 02:39 AM UTC
I've sent a PM to PolarBear to see how they did it for Suez Stripes. The only way to do it as far as I can see is to have a campaign page for each award.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 02:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only way to do it as far as I can see is to have a campaign page for each award.

... And we wouldn't like to do that... Anyway, it's great as it is, I was just thinking on specially rewarding these putting special efford in one campaign (you know - it's enough to build one model, but some decide to build whole dioramas with multiple vehicles, figures etc...)

Andrzej
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 04:21 AM UTC
Realize guys....the ultimate "design" of Campaigns is....participation. Members coming together to build within a commonality.

I would hesitate to start "awarding" Gold, Silver, and Bronze ribbons. As nefarious as it may sound, who would be the judge, jury, and awarder?

Mike

BobCard
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
Armorama: 847 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 04:32 AM UTC
I think the idea was to get people to start with one model and continue up to the diorama level and award according to the level obtained.
Please see our Campaign to see what we were thinking.
Campaign in the Pacific
If it is not possible then I have to do some reconfiguring to reduce it to just one ribbon.

Please let me know,
Bob
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 12:11 PM UTC
Hey Bob...that was just my thoughts on the Campaigns....as most campaigns stipulate certain requirements (hence the Armor/AFV, Dioramas, and Figures breakdown). But, with new management, there will likely be changes.............

Mike
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2009 - 08:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Realize guys....the ultimate "design" of Campaigns is....participation. Members coming together to build within a commonality.

I would hesitate to start "awarding" Gold, Silver, and Bronze ribbons. As nefarious as it may sound, who would be the judge, jury, and awarder?

Mike

Mike, I understand your hesitation, but I believe that you didn't fully catch my thought - it wouldn't be way to award better models (you're right here - who would be the judge, the jury and executioner ?) but in case of subject allowing different levels of involvement (lev.1. vehicle; lev.2. vehicle with crew; lev.3. vehicle with crew on vignette or diorama). It would be quite easy to judge because rules would precisely define conditions of receiving each ribbon.
There were campaigns where some participants built one model required when in the same time other built two or three models.

Andrzej
 _GOTOTOP