_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Scale Modelworld 2009 Telford
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 10:58 AM UTC
Hi All,

If you are going to the IPMS Nationals, aka Scale Modelworld 2009 at Telford in just over a week, please do drop in on the MAFVA stand. John Ham will be leading the team with Chris Lloyd-Staples, and will be there to chat and offer you any back issues you may be chasing. This is your chance to resub as well as pick up the new colour A4 magazine.
Norman Robinson and John Turner will be organising the model display, and will welcome any additions that MAFVA members may like to bring along.
'El Presidente' Gary Williams is hoping to be there on the Sunday, so that is the day to drop by if you want to see him.
Any members who are willing to take a turn manning the stand will also be welcome, and it will give you a chance to put your feet up after trudging round the show.

Have a good show! (I will be hard at work babysitting a gaggle of troublesome wrinklies from the RBL....)

Paul Middleton
MAFVA Liaison Officer
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 05:19 AM UTC
Greetings All,

Paul, many thanks for all the above. You just beat me to it. Sadly, now as one of those ‘old troublesome RBL wrinklies’, I will not be able to get there now for Remembrance Sunday. Sorry folks but the rest of our team will be there to greet you and fly the flag for us.

As Neil has reminded us, there should shortly be two issues of the Tankette (Vol 44/5 and 6) out in quick succession and many of you will lapse before the end of the year, so this is a great opportunity to resub and save the postage for you.

Plus, the Tankette back issues will be available there at the special ‘Show Prices’. The regular smaller issues are just £1.00 each. A saving of 60p each and the new larger Vol 44 back issues are just £2.00 each! Another good saving of 50p each! If you are from Europe or further afield, the savings are even greater and just too good to miss!!

Note that the current issue is still Vol 44/4, so that goes at the full price of £2.50 unless it is taken as part of a subscription. Now is the time to check your stock for missing issues. The ‘Back Issues’ table on the ‘Tankette’ page of our website is still up to date. Their contents and recent issue reviews are there too. (www.mafva.net )
The ‘Extinct’ issues listed are available from me by post, when it gets going again.

This is your last chance to get them at these bargain ’Show’ prices until February next year when we will be at Milton Keynes, Nottingham and Folkestone.

We all hope that you will all enjoy the show and have a safe journey home

Gary Williams

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 09:44 AM UTC
Hi Folks,

We hope that you all enjoyed the show.

Many thanks to all of you who turned up to say hello to the guys on the MAFVA stand. Especially, to our new members who joined there and all those who supported the Tankette and resubscribed at the show.

I was also pleased to see that some took advantage of the back issues special show prices too.

Gary Williams

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
 _GOTOTOP