GAZ-39371 "Vodnik" Voca-Gran 1/72
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 12:00 PM UTC
Hi,

after a long time I finally finished that model. Voca-Gran "Vodnik" is a bad-quallity short-run with many mistakes however, the patrs fits quite well.
I did a lot of scratch-built on it including: new mudguard-steps, bumpers, top hatches and rear part hatches and many smaller things as well. There is nothing in photo-etched and resin add-ons so everything was built based on available photos. The turret and wheels (re-worked) were taken from Trumpeter's BTR-80.

I decided to paint the vehicle with two-color russian camo. According to my findings, similar to those used by few vehicles tested in Chechnya in 2002-2003.
The decals were designed also by me based on photos. Printed by Black Lion.
Finally, how the model looks like:

The base is just temporary since finally Vodnik will be placed on small diorama in future.

Cheers
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 04:17 PM UTC
Zbigniew, absolutely fascinating vehicle. I can appreciate all the work that you put into this build from the before paint pictures. With the way people drive in my area I wouldn't mind being behind the wheel of one of these. You did a nice job on the base and I particularly like the grass. As someone very new to bases and vignettes I am always looking for examples to use as a goal or target. Thank you for sharing this interesting build.

Cheers,
tread_geek (Janek)
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 10:40 PM UTC
Zbigniew,

You've done an outstanding job on this one. You are one serious 72nd scale modeler. Until now I have never seen such a vehicle before. Great looking camo. As tuff as the economy is today we may be all seeing one of these used to transfer money from the banks to the local businesses.

Thanks for posting this little beauty and for those nice photos. Hope we see more of your builds here.

-Eddy
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 09:35 AM UTC
Hi,
thanks for comments.

@ tread_geek (Janek): the base is very simple: I re-used a plastic case from a ready model (something like trumpeter's easy model). To make a ground I used ordinary acrylic putty for wall repairing. Then I painted it for the ground colour. The grass comes from Czech company "Polak" that selling accesories for railway modellers. I finished everything with some pigments and dry-pastels. This base is something temporaty since I am planning to put Vodnik on small diorama with one or two more vehicles.

@-Eddy: The vehicle is still not popular and since is used by SPECNAZ there are not much photos of it. However, there is a nice walk-arund on primeportal.
I don't feel to be a serious modeler.My time dedicated to that hobby is very limited therefore the progress in too high. There are still many interesting projects in my head so soon I will be able to show some more. Until the end of this year I will try to finish my 3 post-war T-34 variants. When ready I will post some pictures. It is long story...
As always in 72 scale that fits my needs perfectly. With modern technologies and materials you can put almost the same number of details like in most of the models in 35 that on photos it is hard to recognise which scale it is.

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP