_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Miniarm sets on Revell T-72
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 09:17 PM UTC
Hi,

does anybody know if the Miniarm T-72 conversions fit on the Revell T-72? This kit is much less expensive then the Tamiya option. I will replace the front hull, roadwheels and turret with Miniarm sets.

Can it be done with some scratcbuilding or does it really not fit?

Cheers,

Matthijs
Luty
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 299 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 09:46 PM UTC
Hi Mat!
No, Miniarm sets designed for Tamya T-72 only. They may be used for Academy/Modelcraft too. But not for Revell/Dragon.
If you want to replace front hull you may ask Jaques about part of SP Designs TOS Buratino kit and rework it . That kit was designed for Dragon/Revell T-72.
http://saammodels.tripod.com/companies/spdesigns/t72/sp200/index.htm
I don't know what model of T-72 you want to build. Hope this helps.
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 01:11 AM UTC
Hi Taras,

I already have the Miniarm stuff. The problem, besides the price of the Tamiya kit, is that all Tamiya products are hard to get these days in the Netherlands since the importer went bankrupt or something like that. My LHS is not allowed to order stuff from the German importer due to some European laws.

Too bad the Revell kit does not fit, there are plenty of those available here.
woodstock74
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,189 posts
Armorama: 692 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 01:34 AM UTC
Have a look for the Hobbycraft T-72, it's a copy (albeit poor) of the Tamiya kit. Though as you're replacing much of the Tamiya kit it doesn't matter. Here's one on eBay for $9.99 (+$10 S/H):

eBay T-72
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 02:10 AM UTC
Mat,

Sorry to hear about the issues you have in The Netherlands in getting hold of a Tamiya T-72. Like yourself I have the Miniarm T-72 sets (Turret/hull/wheels) for the T-72B and they are very expensive - collectively about £100.00!. Mike makes a good point about the cheaper option of the Tamiya 'knock off' on ebay but in truth, given the high price you have paid for the Miniarm resin stuff, to use the poor Tamiya (copy) is something of a "lipstick on a pig" modelling exercise. Trumpeter also copied the Tamiya T-72 in 1/35 and having seen one, the plastic was rubbish and the molded details very "soft". The plastic was also resistant to just about every plastic glue on the copy I saw - overall it was rubbish and poor quality plastic/moldings. Tracks as well were a joke!

The Tamiya T-72 can be obtained quite easily here in the UK for between £20 - £25 which isn't too bad given the strength of the Euro at the moment. If you want a Tamiya T-72 I am happy to get hold of one for you and post it to you in the Netherlands. You can just pay actual cost and P&P via Paypal or something.

I am not a LHS owner - just a bloke trying to help out a fellow AFV modeller.

email me offboard at - [email protected] if I can help you?

Cheers Mat!
Gary
gizmo21
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 209 posts
Armorama: 155 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
mat
I happend to be a LHS in the netherlands, Those laws are not in Question on this part.
It s not very easy to get Tamiya these day`s , but not inpossible and sometimes very easy.

Yes, the kit is exspensive,and mabye hard to get, but If you want my help to buy it in the Netherlands.
Drop A PM.

chris
Krokogen
Visit this Community
St. Petersburg, Russia
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 02:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

mat
It s not very easy to get Tamiya these day , but not inpossible

In Stock
http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?search=Y&q_brand=TAM&q_category=AR&q_scale=&q_word=t72
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 09:04 PM UTC
Hi guys,

thanks for all your response and help. After reading your posts I think it is indeed the best option to go for Tamiya. Ordering anything from outside the European union, like E-bay and Online shops is quite a problem these days since Dutch cutoms always seems to catch these pacakages and adds some nice (read:high) import duties to them, after keeping them in their warehouse for 6 weeks without telling the recipient. (Happened to me a few times)

@ Gary: thank you for willing to buy one for me, you're a great help for a modeller in need. But I'll ask Chris first since he also lives in the Netherlands and postage will be cheaper

Cheers,

Matthijs
redcap
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 753 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 11:30 AM UTC
Hi Mat,

NOTED - no probs. Come back to me if I can help out. Posting from one EU country to another, I cannot see how they can bill you any customs charges however I am sure you know better than I where The Netherlands is concerned.

As mentioned it's a straight and genuine offer of help from one modeller to another.

If Chris can't sort you out - let me know.

Cheers and Happy Modelling!
Gary
 _GOTOTOP