_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Emhar Mk V Male
Removed by original poster on 11/10/09 - 01:33:26 (GMT).
monkybutt
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 381 posts
Armorama: 321 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:49 PM UTC
ur pictures arent showing up. what u need to do is on the website u use to host the pictures, right click the picture, click properties, and highlight the Address: (URL). then in the text box here, click the comes up and between [img] and [img] paste the Address: (URL) of the picture so it looks like
[img]www.picture34624765736whatever.com[img]

does this help?
monkybutt
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:51 PM UTC
haha sorry the box with the red X is supposed to say click the [ img ] so
http://put.url.here/image.file " BORDER="0"> comes up
monkybutt
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:53 PM UTC
fine is doesnt want to work just click the [ img ] button so a long url expample comes up with [ img ] at both ends and between the [ img ]s, paste in ur pictures url
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:15 PM UTC
Hey guys, if I may assist. You need to format the image code like this:

Note the closing /img tag. This results in:

Hope this helps and nice old rust bucket.

Cheers,
tread_geek
Gunner-steve
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 60 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:44 PM UTC
If at first you don't succeed...

WIP pics of the Emhar Mk V Male diorama. Unditching beam yet to be weathered, plentyof work on the trench section to keep me occupied.

I have seen no pics of Hannibal but an but the diary of an Australian infantry LCPL records his company following a giant mud clad khaki monster named Hannibal at Mont St Quentin in August 1918.

The Mk V is the Emhar 1/35 kit. An interesting build that required a lot of filler and a bit of swearing as I tried to assemble it.

Base is plaster on polystyrene, yet to be lined and mounted.

Sandbags being tested for fit, they will have a liberal coating of mud when in place and a "spoil" heap in front of each.

The gunpit in the foreground will house an MG08 and will have partial OHP, the trench walls will be wicker with some patches of corregated iron.

Once the trench walls and firing steps are completed, I intend to add Still Water tinted with dark earth to the level of the duckboards.
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 09:25 PM UTC
Craning my neck to look at the photos (always nice to turn 'em the right way round before you post 'em) that tank doesn't look too bad at all.

How did you attach the beam chains to the top of the tank? I've never been able to find any sufficiently clear photos (either of models or the real thing) to see how this was done.

I've built this kit myself an it was, as you say, a swine of a model to build. The kit's roof rails are inverted also - but of course I didn't discover this until after I'd finished mine. Looks like you might have scratched some new ones?

I'd love to see one of the big players do a nice new more accurate kit (or kits, even!) of some WWI machines, they've been very sadly neglected over the years.

- Steve
 _GOTOTOP