_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
WWII Brit in Burma, Getting there
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 03:41 AM UTC
OK, I've quit working on this guy about 9 times, but I think I'm in the final push now.
Feet and head are left, should finish it sometime next week.... He's a 120MM figure from Imperial Gallery

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 03:43 AM UTC
Hi Porky, the pictures are not showing.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 03:45 AM UTC
Yeah... I see that

http://groups.msn.com/armorama/porkchopsstuff.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=11886

http://groups.msn.com/armorama/porkchopsstuff.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=11887

http://groups.msn.com/armorama/porkchopsstuff.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=11888
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 03:47 AM UTC
Hi Porky,

Headless, yet neat, really good figure you got going on there. COngrats.

See if this helps.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 03:52 AM UTC
Yeah, heads are important things. So is his hat....
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 04:06 AM UTC
cool PC! have you had some fun with him?
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 04:23 AM UTC
Lord Porkster

These snap fit figures are really cool!!!! Just kidding Nate.

I have been looking foward to seeing your fig work and appreciate seeing these pics. Your flesh is very convincing and from what I have heard, that's not alwasy easy to accomplish --so congrats.

The wristwatch is a nice touch, the weapon looks very good, and your uniform work looks really great. You fig guys have my respect.

In another interesting RR thread, it mentions that basic rivet review guidelines define comments to include favorable comments about displayed work, but also to mention items to be critiqued if applicable. With this fig, I don't see any of the latter.

Good work pal, and I look forward to final pics.

Steve
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 04:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lord Porkster

These snap fit figures are really cool!!!! Just kidding Nate.

I have been looking foward to seeing your fig work and appreciate seeing these pics. Your flesh is very convincing and from what I have heard, that's not alwasy easy to accomplish --so congrats.

The wristwatch is a nice touch, the weapon looks very good, and your uniform work looks really great. You fig guys have my respect.

In another interesting RR thread, it mentions that basic rivet review guidelines define comments to include favorable comments about displayed work, but also to mention items to be critiqued if applicable. With this fig, I don't see any of the latter.

Good work pal, and I look forward to final pics.

Steve

Stop being a goodie goodie, the fig has no head, for cry out loud. Just kidding. It's an awesome figure.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 05:10 AM UTC
Thanks guys, this is a prime case where I quit, and started, quit and strated, always stopping when I ran into trouble spots. But by working through them I'm happy with the results so far, and I learned some new stuff about the kit and about my modeling abilities.
There's always room for improvement -- and this kit is no different -- but I've decided I'll never do anything perfectly so I'll just the best I can and learn from that.... (This sounds like the closing lines to a Lifetime movie or something)
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 11:59 AM UTC
Nate I especially like the Jungle Carbine/ I just happened to pick one up at a local gunshop a couple weeks ago. It like that gun, it looks really great. It also goes great with that great figure.

~CHip
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 12:11 PM UTC
Coming along nicely Porkchop. I love the use of different greens together ....... its a nice effect in itself. Did you paint the rifle in his hands? Really well done... nice grip and casual pose. Is the strap correctly conected to the rifle butt? Looks a little awkward like that !
Good luck with the rest!
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2003 - 02:17 PM UTC
CHIP: You pick your up ay Dunhams?
Plastic: Yeah it's a funky connection to he butt, it's a side mounted strap, sorta like the 98 but all on one side. The gun is molded into the hands, both of which are white metal.
I'm pretty much done with this guy as I write, just need to weather the boots a bit and mount him. I didn't expect to be home today so I got a lot of work done on this guy. I'll have to finish him Sunday.
Hit hat, hands/gun and ammo bandolier are all metal, believe it or not, this is one heavy figure.
In the mean time I've started on a Verlinden Cossack in Wehrmacht service for my next figure.....
 _GOTOTOP