...still in progres...

Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 06:44 PM UTC
Dani,

That's a nice looking Jagdtiger but what I am most impressed with are your figures. The close up of one of the crews face is well done! I admire anyone willing to make an effort with figures on their builds. I am currently painting my first set of figures for a build on the 'Lets Get Small' Campaign forum. The face is one of the hardest parts of a figure to paint and you've done a good job on yours. I hope my figures will turn out as good as yours.

-Eddy
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 04:39 AM UTC
Very nice Dani. I must totally agree with Eddy that your figures really are outstanding. I couldn't help but notice you using the old Matchbox diorama base in your last picture. Man, does that bring back memories.

Cheers,
tread_geek
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 04:42 AM UTC
Thanks!
Is still in progress...
tommytanker
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 09:01 AM UTC
Great Tiger!
? thou, what was the reason for the MG on the rear deck? I recently saw a pic that showed the same thing but no explanation either I realize that its probably for antiaircraft but why exposed on the back deck? I know as a TC I wouldn't want to be exposed like that and (I in good consience couldn't order a fellow crew man out there either. Just random wanderings!!!! Sweet build Though!
Good Hunting, Gdub
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 04:03 AM UTC
A litle progress...

...still in progress...
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 05:52 AM UTC
Dani, one has to love what you've done with that old Matchbox diorama base. I didn't notice in your original pictures but am I not mistaken in that I see a Fujimi Sherman 105 (HVSS) in these recent photos? I've been doing a "Tank Overhaul" on one of these so I am quite familiar with the model. One small issue and I hope that you forgive me, but the ammunition rack on the back of the Sherman appears to be orientated the wrong way. The longer section of the boxes should be vertical while yours are horizontal. Here's a picture to show what I mean.

It's just a little thing and I hope you take no offence. Otherwise your scene is coming along very nicely. One question. Is the figure standing on the Sherman a Preiser figure?

Cheers,
Jan
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 07:29 AM UTC
Yes ,is the old Fujimi M4[105mm] HVSS,and you have right about the ammunition rack .I put'him in this dio,because the JT is a litle bit small...

The figure standing on the Sherman is from Revell DAK.

Offence???
I think in this hobby,the offence don't exist...Only in this way,all and me [especially] can learns something good for their builds!

Cheers!!
Dani
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 07:50 PM UTC
Dani,

Your doing a phenomenal job on that dio! Dani, would you be interested in participating in the 'Let's Get Small' Campaign here on the Campaigns forum? I was thinking that it would be nice to have you share this project with all of the participants there too. If your interested here's the link to the campaign info. After reading through the campaign rules its simply a matter of clicking on the 'enlist' button located above the participants list for you to post your project there or just post and include a few photos with some information and link that posting back to your post here. You'll also need to upload at least one of your completed project photos to the 'Let's Get Small' Campaign photo gallery here in order to recieve a compaign ribbon upon your project completion when the campaign is over. Your choice.

-Eddy
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:28 AM UTC
Thanks!

So,i move my project dio in the 'Let's Get Small' Campaign ... only a small progress.
Rob_Haelterman
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 08:55 AM UTC
Good looking,
and always nice to see other braille-scalers at work !
Did you modify anything to the rear of the hull ? The Italeri/Esci JT is known to be based on the Esci KT hull, which is shorter than the JT in reality. It seems you have moved the idler back to its correct position.
Can you tell me how you did it ?
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 02:59 AM UTC
Yes,i have moved the idler few mm back .I started in parallel with it ,a JT from Dragon [correct kit in size] and I made a comparison.Unfortunately, all kit is smaller in scale for scale 1/72.The gun, the guard cannon, the armored box, the whole body, etc ... looks faster like a 1/76 kit.Therefore i put him in the diorama with that Sherman Fujimi scale 1 / 76.
 _GOTOTOP