_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Scratchbuild chally`s lower hull???
blabla
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 142 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 12:56 PM UTC
Hello,

because I do not like the lower hull of tamiya`s chally 1 and 2 kits, I am thinking about to scratch build both.

So maybe you could help me! I have no information about the size of these hulls.
I only compared AA, Trumpi and Tamiya`s lower hulls.

Result was that Tamiya`s hull was 21mm high with an angle of 7-8 degree compared to 22mm of AA and Trumpi wiht angles of 4 and 5 degree.

So have somebody information about the the size of these hulls??

As suspension I would use the Trumpi parts.

Best regards,

Moritz
Leopard-2
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 220 posts
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 - 07:57 PM UTC
Hallo Moritz,

at the moment i'm working on the same problem as you do. First i got some headache because of thinking about this problem too. I wanted to use Trumpeter's lower hull but it wouldn't fit with the upper hull by Tamiya.

I've soluted it in a very easy way by using two thin tripes of plastic sheet. The lower hull by Tamiya is about 0,8 to 1,0 millimeter too low.
My solution looks good and is easy to do. Of course there's still a difference in dimensions but nobody will see it on a finished model because of the side skirts and other parts. And the bottom of the lower hull is an area which also nobody will really have a look on. ;-)

I've added some parts from the Trumpeter kit and details on the front. I know that those will be nearly invisible when the additional front armour is mounted but this is my first model since i was a child and i had to get some practice you know, especially for the welding seams...

Hope i could help you.

Gruß Bernd
 _GOTOTOP