_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
W.I.P. - New Masterbox Figures
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 05:32 AM UTC
It's been a while, but here''s an interesting update straight off the presses - courtesy of Masterbox. The Photo-Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 06:03 AM UTC
There is some good thinking going on over at MB and a good way to utalise the cart in a new set.

Al
PBR_Streetgang
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 06:05 AM UTC
Excellent!

I have all the Masterbox Eastern Front miniatures (which have to be built) and I can say whoever is sculpting these is REALLY good! They are realistic and the detail is great. There are some issues with sink marks on occasion, but generally the molding has been good.

Their themes are always poignant: Makes you want to get a bottle of vodka, a pack of cigarettes and have a good cry for all those who died in the Big War.

I find their figures better than Tristar and MiniArt. Wonder if anyone agrees?

I'll be getting these.

Sapaciba!

Bill B.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 06:57 AM UTC
A very nice set all around. They're really keeping busy at Masterbox.

The only thing I'm a little "iffy" about is that the girl being carried by the soldier is a little too big.. especially since the soldier seems to be carrying her effortlessly with the one arm.

But other than that.. it's all good!

Hisham
adamant
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 08:48 AM UTC
Nice sculpting, set looks well worth the wait. Hope they replace the helmets as they appear to be US paratroop uniforms with USMC type helmet covers.
JohnLong
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 276 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 12:57 PM UTC
This has the makings of a great set. I hope they rectify a few small inaccuracies along the way. The helmet covers, and the boots which appear to have some signs of leggings without being leggings. I think the interaction with the refugees is an excellent depiction and quite daring for a plastic kit. I hope MB keeps pushing the envelope.
gremlinz
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 04:04 PM UTC
Way cool, I love the directions MB is heading in.

Now if they would just find the urge to make a set of ANZACs in New Guinea I'd be happy as a shark at Bondi.
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 09:37 PM UTC
YEAAAH !
excellent set, imaginative, really telling a story etc. !!
I must buy it, althought I would agree with Isham : the girl in the soldier arm is too big and the way her legs are is not natural. But hey fortunately Masterbox let some rooms for transformation and improvement with some magic sculpt !!
My only fear is that this kit might be released in 2011...
Julien
Uruk-Hai
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 472 posts
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
I do like the way MB incorporates the overall view in their sets and not only concentrate on the military aspect.

Cheers
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
Masterbox are really pushing the boundaries of figure sets and their kits are getting better and better.
At the minute they can't be beaten for originality. Details are pretty good and their heads and facial expressions are very good for styrene in my opinion. The styrene is great to work with although they do sometimes have flash issues.
The only negative is that their equipment and particularly weapons aren't nearly as crisp as DML or Tamiya. I'm not having a go here, but I have built a few of their sets and have never used them, replacing them with spares from aforementioned sets.
The reason I bring it up is that I know masterbox take into account what we modellers think and change their sets accordingly if possible, which in my mind is one of the best things a model company can do.

I look forward to seeing what else they come up with in the future. Keep up the good work guys.

James
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 - 02:44 AM UTC
Man, what a brilliant concept for a figure set. It is fantastic to have left the days of stoic pointing figures as the only plastic options.

Matt
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:25 AM UTC
I am really enjoying all the new civilians that MB is doing. So far I have bought them all and have molded a few of my own from them ,where I can mix parts and pieces to make diferent figures from the origional. Great job Masterbox...........Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 - 10:56 AM UTC
Great set I particularly like the sculpting of the female figure. I share the misgivings abouit the helmet covers which weren't generally seen in the ETO and also the shape of the boots which have some of the features of leggings

Heres a pic of an original and a repro boot from at the front.com
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 04:17 PM UTC
Another nice set from MB. Being a WIP they will probably change a few things ,just like they did to their Maquis set.I forget what they changed but the WIP photos were different from the released set.(wounded German ?) I for one ,thank them for letting us have a peek at new figures and the chance to critic them before they go into production.. I wish other companys were willing to do the same.
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:21 PM UTC
I'm realy looking forward to this set, very imaginative and already seems to be well done, despite the issues already pointed out. Hey, it's more girls (and they look good !) AND the NUN for the first time in styrene !

Jim, the "issue" pointed out by modellers and rectified by MB in their maquis set was that in original sculpt the maquis were taking care of the wounds of german captive, while , as pointed out, they would rathe "take care" of the soldier himself

Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:34 AM UTC
I love the sets of MB, they are really far far away from the "three soldiers walking" stereotype. The issues what were told previously are true, but I hope that MB will listen to the free of charge quality supervisors as they did previously.
I like the woman especially, finally somebody managed to form one which legs and hips doesn't look like it was carved from a tree trunk with an axe.
grom
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 214 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 09:52 PM UTC
Great set if they put the issues already mentioned right, and of course if they sell the figures as stand alone cos ive already got the cart.Only got one critisim the amount of time taken from release to sale time but this seems specific to GB, or I may just be impatient
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 10:24 AM UTC
The choice of subject is great, but some details could be improved.
The two upper pockets on the airborne jacket should be slanted inwards. See:
http://rallypointmilitaria.com/tag/rigger
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,411 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 08:14 AM UTC
Instant Diorama – just add scenery. MB has to congratulated for its creative figures.
robby249
Visit this Community
Flemish Brabant, Belgium
KitMaker: 115 posts
Armorama: 94 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 08:39 AM UTC
it are nice figures
 _GOTOTOP