_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Carl Morser individual tracks HELP
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009 - 08:47 AM UTC
OK, I got my Carl Morser. Love building it. Having problems attaching the individual tracks. So far, I am using string to help allign them. However, they are falling apart before I can finish. It's like a domino effect. Anybody know how to do this?
TIA
Matt N.
bulldawg380
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 03:18 PM UTC
not sure exactly which kit u r talking about but i usually use strinn-g to get an exact length of the track thne i glue them together using a flat surface and a ruler to keep then straight then i paint and weather the tracks next run the the tracks along the return side or the top letting the tracks stick out equal distance on both front and rear then start wraping the track around the drive sproket and on to the lower road wheels and use ing tamiya liquid cement glue the track to the drive sproket and road wheels let sit a little then repeat for the idler wheel finally attach the tracks together lastly if you want track sag or if the tracks do not want to rest on the return wheels roll some paper up and insert between the hull and track set the model right side up if neede put some weight on it and let set till dry and cured then repeat other side hope this helps
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 02:37 PM UTC
Thanks, but I have finished all of the gluing. Just need to touch up some details. Oh, added an orange led in the barrell(ultra-realistic).
 _GOTOTOP