_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
please help with academy warrior
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 05:53 PM UTC
Kit is going along well untill i get to the basket. I can't seem to put it togther so that it fits the model. Any special techniques people who have built this have used? Are there aftermarket baskets for this model?
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,595 posts
Armorama: 1,209 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 06:37 PM UTC
is it the mesh you are having problems with? accurate armour do an update set for the warrior its on their website but heres a way to do the mesh coat the mesh in liquid glue blow any glue clear from the holes and do 2 or 3 coats allow it to dry now cut out the shapes for the mesh from the instuctions or make templates from them then use a new no 11 scalpel cut out the shapes sthe glue should hold the mesh in place and stop it fraying
hope this is useful to you :-)
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 12:52 AM UTC
Hi Godfather
As Mikeli says Accurate armour do an etch set for the warrior which i believe comes as part of their warrior update set.It may be worth contacting them to see if they would sell it separately.Alternatively Eduard do an etch brass detail set for the warrior which has the basket mesh in it..
HTH
Peter
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 04:41 AM UTC
Sorry should have been clearer, the mesh is the least of my worries, for now, what I am having trouble with is the frame. It is not designed very well so that the attachments for the turret attach to the rest of the frame but there are no guide pins etc so very difficult to do. An after market basket frame and all would be ideal. Or suggestions for those who have built the model (I think you will know what I mean)
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 05:19 AM UTC
Godfather
I know exactly what you mean about the basket frame.It is a swine to assemble.The only thing i can suggest is to take it slowly and spend time holding parts together so they hold. I've done 4 now and each one is difficult even though i know what to expect.
I've just had a look at one and i would glue the 2 end parts to the back of the turret and then try to line up the curved back piece.
HTH
Peter
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC
I know what you mean about the basket. Even after you get it together there is a nasty seam at each join. I had a tough time getting the mesh to stick to the floor as well. I have an AA addon kit but I think it just includes the mesh. I can take a picture later if needed of the completed basket.

In addition, I think the camo/flag pole sockets pieces are too short to fit properly on the basket.

Paul
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 06:40 AM UTC
Hi all
To the best of my knowledge no one actually supplies the warrior turret basket framework as an aftermarket item they only supply the mesh(Eduard and Accurate Armour)
All the best
Peter
 _GOTOTOP