Hosted by Darren Baker
SdKfz 234/2 Puma in 1/6th Scale (Newbe to si
SlapHead
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 291 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 05:25 AM UTC
Hi Guys...as pushed by a members recommendations I have been trawling this site for a while now and it looks great...the 'people' seem to be fun and seem to have a wide knowledge spread.... so Hi.... I’m WW2 Armour man (with a Russian tilt at the moment) as well as a confessed willingness to have a go at other subjects...I just enjoy the hobby

I have some trade interest selling tools and other bit and bobs...a range of WW2 figs is soon to join the product list..

Well after the introduction, here is my latest job....this was NOT built by me but I did some small corrections and the painting....I hope you like the result

For more pics see this link
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=372453

The main problem is understanding that you have to work with aggression to create the damage to the paint...I also did not wish it to be ,removed' with the user just driving it arround, so I dug into the first layer (car paint, a nice an smooth but a hard surface) prior to finnishing in Tamiya spray cans and my old airbrush. I used the old one so as not to get a good finnish !!

After that I applied a thick wash of red to infill the chips....then I sanded it off...this also allows the lighter (car) shade first applied over the red oxide...various shades work in natrally..

I hope you like the result

Alasdair Johnston
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 05:30 AM UTC
Alasdair,

Welcome to Armorama! I went back in and edited your post to make the image link and url link "active". Hope you don't mind.

Enjoy the site and jump in the threads where you're interested.

Gunnie
SlapHead
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 291 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 05:35 AM UTC
`
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 379 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 05:43 AM UTC
a 1/6th Puma!! wow!!
It looks amazing, but I'm still dizzy with the thought of a 1/6th Puma!

Peter
thenamshow
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 10:51 AM UTC
awsome
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 11:25 AM UTC
Welcome Alasdair...

This is a great place to hang out... I'm glad you "joined up"... However, I should warn you that this is THE most addicting site on the net... I can't seem to stay away

Jump in and add your thoughts whenever you see fit - I'm sure you will add to the already great pool of knowledge here :-)

Later-
Jeff
 _GOTOTOP