Hosted by Darren Baker
"type 74" 1/72 Japanese self defence force -
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 06:06 AM UTC
Hello , this little toy is just for my practition. Every critism is very appreciate. :-) Hope you'r enjoy it.

"type 74" Japanese self defence force ,F-toy 1/87

This little tank can run or even climb the hill , just open swith on.

some WIP

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 08:05 AM UTC
Thank you for wanting to share your build but the pictures are quite distorted to make any meaningful comment. They have too blue a hue to them and this suggests that the cameras White Balance is set to the wrong type of light. The blue suggests that the camera was set to florescent light but the pictures were taken under tungsten illumination. The only other comment is that the upper track on a type 74 should sit/rest on top of the road wheels. Looking forward to seeing some redone pictures of this interesting kit. By the way, who is the kit manufacturer.

Cheers,
tread_geek
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 02:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thank you for wanting to share your build but the pictures are quite distorted to make any meaningful comment. They have too blue a hue to them and this suggests that the cameras White Balance is set to the wrong type of light. The blue suggests that the camera was set to florescent light but the pictures were taken under tungsten illumination. The only other comment is that the upper track on a type 74 should sit/rest on top of the road wheels. Looking forward to seeing some redone pictures of this interesting kit. By the way, who is the kit manufacturer.

Cheers,
tread_geek

Thank you for very useful suggestion. I take this photo with compact camera under fluorescent mode and white light bulb ,I will try correct mode next time. This kit is a toy from f-toy (http://www.bcmini.com/id251.html) ,It's not a scale model so many details on kit is not match the real model :-) It use it for my practition.

kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 07:19 AM UTC
after wash with red brown and flat black
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,808 posts
Armorama: 1,069 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 09:56 AM UTC
Cool, I have this kit in 1/35 laying on the shelf. I build it when I was 11 or so.. It was a fun model to build and I'm glad to see this one. Are you going to paint it a winter scheme?

H.
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 03:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cool, I have this kit in 1/35 laying on the shelf. I build it when I was 11 or so.. It was a fun model to build and I'm glad to see this one. Are you going to paint it a winter scheme?

H.

Thank you, HILBERT :-)

I think this kit in 1/35 be look great than small scale. Although I paint my toy-kit without assembling it , modern tank is a detailfull model.

I have no plan about camouflage on my kit but winter camouflage is a good idea. Today I am drybrushing and maybe in a few day I will try practice white wash according your suggestion. :-)

Removed by original poster on 12/21/09 - 11:25:09 (GMT).
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 06:32 PM UTC
nearly finish :-)
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:25 PM UTC
100% completed. hope you enjoy it. :-)
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,808 posts
Armorama: 1,069 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 12:02 PM UTC
You definitely make the model better then it was out of the box! Up to the next model!

hilbert
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 05:56 AM UTC
Hi,

The tank is very nicely painted. However, during the next build spend more on construction itself. There are couple of things that you may easily improve: mudguard, barell and its mantlet/base, machine gun, periscopes, lights, small details, etc..

Cheers!
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 05:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You definitely make the model better then it was out of the box! Up to the next model!

hilbert

Thank you ,Hilbert . I will try next kit in a few weeks :-)

Quoted Text

Hi,

The tank is very nicely painted. However, during the next build spend more on construction itself. There are couple of things that you may easily improve: mudguard, barell and its mantlet/base, machine gun, periscopes, lights, small details, etc..

Cheers!

Thank you Zbigniew Perski , Next time I will concentrate more on detailng. This is my next kit ->

Hope you like it :-)
TankRed1070
Visit this Community
Katowice, Poland
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 10:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hope you like it :-)

Sure! Looks very nice.

Cheers
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 11:37 AM UTC
Kritsada,

Intresting concept to take a toy tank to practice some techniques on before moving on to the kit build! I like what you have done with your effort. It has turned out nicely. I can faintly see chipping and weathering on my computer flat screen display. You also practiced on the photo build sequence and written documentation. Nice job!

Thanks for sharing your build. Hoping to see more of your builds here.

-Eddy
 _GOTOTOP