_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
new dio in progress
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 679 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2003 - 08:11 AM UTC
Hi,
aswell as op barborossa this is what im working on, so far its taken me a week and really the idea came from taking parts of figures from the tamiya 3.7 pak crew and the sdkfz 251 crew (building a sdkfz 251/10 for barborossa) and seeing what different figures i could come up with. The general idea behind this is that a small german squad have encountered an unaware russian soldier and need to take him out silently. So i have one german approaching him with a bayonet in order to fulfill this. The baynet was carved from the baynet scabbards in the kit. Anyway still a bit to do on this and im open to suggestions so let know what you think. (it looks brighter than what it is because it was taken indoors with a flash, when its completed it will be an outdoor photograph and tweaked on photoshop.

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2003 - 08:42 AM UTC
Great start - I love the idea. You have a nice conversion going.
A few points to enhance the diorama. I would take the time and get a small brush and paint in some of the brush stalks brown to make them more stick like. If you haven't already planned this I would incorporate grass of various lengths.
Go ahead and 'dirty' up the soldiers too. Combat's dirty.
Also Here is one thing I try to do with my diorama. I look at where I place figures and such and ask myself -"How'd they get there?", walk, crawl, run, jump etc. Then look at where they are and think "If I were that big could I do that?" This helps in logistics and placement.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 652 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2003 - 02:13 PM UTC
I take it that the German is going over to the Russian to give him a piece of sausage???
I like the idea, very novel.
The uniforms look a little "shiny" to me, perhaps a coat of matt paint and perhaps a little shadow in the creases etc would look good.
Go to the figure discussion threads and look for more information on painting WW2 uniforms. Seek and ye shall find.
Great start.
BoarHead
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 08:49 PM UTC
Hell yeah .. that kiddy-raping russian takes what he deserves .. some german rost-frei.
Congrats, the dio looks good

(++) B H (++)
 _GOTOTOP