_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Beginners
A good place to look if you are just starting out.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Abandoned M-10
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 481 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:57 AM UTC
Open for comments..

Happy New Year guys!!
ElectricFactory
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:05 AM UTC
Nice job, great subject and composition and I love those trees, the bark looks fantastic- what are they ?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:16 AM UTC
Thanx for the comment!...Those trees...I guess they're real...They're those souvenir pencil thingys made from real tree branches....got them from Phuket...got a bunch more...the scale looks believable so i use them quite often in my dios..hope it doesn't rot or get infested by termites anytime soon...
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:23 AM UTC
Why has the vehicle been left as it looks as if you could jump in and drive off? Their looks to be a burnt person at the side of the vehicle but not enough damage to the inside of the vehicle for it to have been a vehicle fire. I do like the composure of the diorama, but I am finding it hard to put the elements together if that makes sense.
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Armorama: 806 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:25 AM UTC
Hi there

Quite a gruesome pose for the crewman but the composition of the model tells the story well with the ambush party waiting their next target and the tank caught in the trees.

It tells it like it is!!!!!!!! No pulling punches.

Great dio

Nige

Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Why has the vehicle been left as it looks as if you could jump in and drive off? Their looks to be a burnt person at the side of the vehicle but not enough damage to the inside of the vehicle for it to have been a vehicle fire. I do like the composure of the diorama, but I am finding it hard to put the elements together if that makes sense.

Yes, I hav to agree wif you there...while working on the scene, was in 2 minds whether to really wreck the tank or juz leave it abandoned..in the end, opted for sumthing in between...I guess the tank is not really heavily damaged and is still driveable (fully stocked up too)...probably ambushed (the crew didn't even got the chance to fire a single round), one of the crewman was captured and burnt alive by his evil captors at the front end of the tank which explains the gasoline jerry cans lying around?..This happened earlier (the AT crew is not to blame for this heinous act)...I guess I have to go wif this story then.....
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there

Quite a gruesome pose for the crewman but the composition of the model tells the story well with the ambush party waiting their next target and the tank caught in the trees.

It tells it like it is!!!!!!!! No pulling punches.

Great dio

Nige

Thanx Nige....the story is open to interpretation...something like wat u described i guess...I didn't think that anyone can make out the charred crewman beside the tank...I thought it won't look believable..it's made of plastercine
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Armorama: 806 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:20 PM UTC
From what I have heard about tank damage and shell impacts there can be heavily overdone and understated damage.

It could be that the shell damage is more to the area where the spare fuel cans were stored and the crewman simply been unlucky! Someone else on here could surely tell you what kind of damage a shell from that AT gun would do at close or distant range.

Still loks good to me.

Nige
ElectricFactory
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 71 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:28 PM UTC
I agree, incapacitating damage could have happened to the engine compartment [ a simple well placed 20mm anti-tank round for instance ] which wouldn't have left the vehichle visibly damaged but certainly undriveable.
I know, you could open the engine compartment doors and fashion an M10 engine compartment and then scratchbuild an engine and hoses and hydrolic lines and.... and...........argh-h-h-h-h-h-h-h ! [ the sound of driving one's self mad ....] .
Again, great work.
 _GOTOTOP