Hosted by Darren Baker
Millenium Falcon
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 481 posts
Armorama: 70 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 01:28 PM UTC
Hi, Can this be classified under aircraft?..Hope I'm not posting at the wrong section...juz sharing...

Tis is wat the red button is for...

Hope u guys like it...
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
Armorama: 199 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 02:14 PM UTC
Hi Psyfool , great looking ' Falcon youve got there , whats the kit ? and how did you do the lighting ?
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 11:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Psyfool , great looking ' Falcon youve got there , whats the kit ? and how did you do the lighting ?

Thanx..I'm not quite sure what kit it is...actually, I got this more than 10yrs ago from a friend...it was already assembled and painted by him, but it was not really done well...it sat in that state for 10years before I got the inspiration to re-paint it as close as possible to the movie replica...and also thought of the lighting for the afterburner...I went to a DIY shop and got myself a strip of blue LED and attached it inside the ship...then cut myself a clear plastic strip and layered it with frosted sticker to diffuse the light to give a more glowing effect...the ship is attached to a wooden base with the wire running thru a hole to the back which is connected to a battery...the wire connects back to the switch up front......
The_Madhatter
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:05 AM UTC
Dude, the lighting effect is awesome. You have good weathering techniques. It looks really close to the movie falcon. Great job and thanks for sharing.
Gundam-Mecha
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,019 posts
Armorama: 933 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 02:11 AM UTC
Nice falcon, ad great lighting!

Although I was a little disappointed... I expected a Hoth Ice world diorama base for it or something
woody6968
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 380 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 02:12 AM UTC
hi there psyfool ,,
i wouldnt care where you put the pics im just glad you shared it ,, its amazing and the led's look fantastic
Psyfool
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 03:59 AM UTC
Thanx for the positive response... ....Not sure if u can tell from the photo, but this kit is quite huge...It measures abt 33cm across and 45cm long...not sure wat's the scale though.....I'm thinking of hanging it up on a wall...
Here's another view of the Falcon while still in progress..
pdelsoglio
Visit this Community
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 11:16 AM UTC
Hi there!
I'm not an expert on sci fi subjects, but the kit looks awesome! The weathering is perfect and the after burner lightening is really cool!
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP