Hosted by Darren Baker
Tiger 1E
WorldAtArms
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 07:50 AM UTC
As recommended by another forum member I am reposting this in the previously unknown by me Braille Scale forum.

I wanted this to look like it was 1/35 and I worked hard on it. Tell me what you think

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 08:02 AM UTC
The first impression I get is that you have done a superb job on this kit. I think it truly does look like a larger scale and your figure painting is to be envied. From what I can tell from various bits and pieces this looks like a Dragon kit? I have a similar Tiger I (Gruppe Fehrmann) and it (mainly the suspension) has proved to be a nightmare so you have my respect.

Great to see that you reposted to Brailler Scale forum. I'm sure that you will get some good reactions here .

Again, thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more of your work in this scale.

Cheers,
Jan
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 05:01 PM UTC
Welcome, Eijah!

Super job! I like how you've handled the winter white wash over the base color. I'll have to give that a try on one of my builds. Looks nicely weathered too! And yes, to me, it does look like a 35th scale build! I especailly like your tank commander, you did an outstanding job on him. Looks like I'm really going to have to practice a lot on my figures after viewing yours and some of the other figures that some of the Braille builders have posted here on this forum.

Thanks for posting and sharing your build hoping to see more of your stuff here.

-Eddy
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 01:48 AM UTC
Nice painting job but...frankly I do not think that looks like a 1 / 35...is very hard to make a 1 / 72 to look like a 1 / 35.
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 365 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 11:05 AM UTC
Nice work on that Tiger Eijah! I agree with the rest of my fellow braillers- great weathering job-awesome figure (need clearer photos!), but I'm with Dani- It is VERY HARD to get a 72nd to look like a 35th. The details are just too thick and heavy. Maybe a lot of thinning of edges, PE grills and fiddly items would go a long way towards that endeavor. But it is a GREAT looking Tiger none-the-less!
 _GOTOTOP