_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55 Wip(yes,,,another one)
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 880 posts
Armorama: 874 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 01:07 AM UTC
Well....comments are welcome!
There are a lot of things to do on this...I need to finish the upper hull,then I'll pass to the turret.

cheers
Ciro
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 02:26 AM UTC
new trump?
old trump?
Tamiya?

as it looks you already done some changes, like to inlighten me/us?

Greetz Tha Pit
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 02:48 AM UTC
Oh...sorry!
It's a Tamiya kit of T-55....the pe around the hull come from Aber set...plasticard rods for conduits and strip for the other things....I've replace with wire the grilles that protect the lights(not present at this stage)...and I've tried to depict a damaged grills...I also have used wire for the turret details.
HTH
Ciro
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 03:05 AM UTC
Another nice T-55. Your builds are always sooo clean. I do have some reservations about the turret tie downs they look a bit too large. Also the four bolts underneath the gun mantlet on the upper hull are off - they should line up "square". What variant of T-55 are you depicting? Russian, Polish, Czech? The reason Im asking is I noticed you added the third filler port and I think that is for the Hydraullic fluid for Czech tanks (they initiated Hyd. assisted steering on their tanks before the Russians did) ?? But I think they also added one one the rear as well ??

Anyway..... your build looks VERY nice. Im looking forward to seeing it painted and weathered. Will it be anything like your last one?

Chris
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 03:26 AM UTC
the turret tie downs they look a bit too large.
you're right..I think the same,it's always a good thing to have comments like yours...I'll do them better.
Also the four bolts underneath the gun mantlet on the upper hull are off - they should line up "square".
Here I don't know....what do yu mean with "square"?!

What variant of T-55 are you depicting? Russian, Polish, Czech? The reason Im asking is I noticed you added the third filler port and I think that is for the Hydraullic fluid for Czech tanks (they initiated Hyd. assisted steering on their tanks before the Russians did) ?? But I think they also added one one the rear as well ??

It's a russian model..and about the added filler cap ....I knew it was a device needed to apply the btu blade or similar system(mine plow kmt-6 ect).
Sincerely I don't know if it's for the hydraulic fluid and I don't knw about who was the first to introduce this device....if someone can point out this can be helpfull...

chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 06:14 AM UTC
Ciro,
Maybe someone else more knowledgable can tell us about the filler covers. It didn't look like the 4 bolts were aligned in your picture straight, but it might be my old eyes playing tricks on me. I recently added them to a couple of T55 (slow WIPs) I have been working on. Your Aber P/E looks fantastic! I have the set and its a bit intimidating to me, but practice makes puurfect, right?
Wakemeup
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 07:54 AM UTC
Hi Chris....aber set is a great thing...yeah,the first time it can be a little bit difficult but if you use pe and with a little pratice you can have very nice result.
Aber has also fenders and stowage set but up to now I haven't used them...sure I'll do on the next one.
Anyway...good result can be depicted even without pe...some Masters like Nick Cortese or Andy Taylor and others of this caliber don't use them often...I think it's a personal point of view.

Regards
Ciro
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 02:03 PM UTC
Hi Ciro

Good to see that you have another 55 on the work bench.

The oversized turret tie downs have already been up so I don't have to mention them

Regarding the filler cap I too thought it was for the BTU-55/KMT-5/KMT-6/EMT-5 but I'm not an expert so don't take my word for it.

Can you tell us what type/nation/era you are aiming for?

Cheers,
/E
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 02:21 PM UTC
Ciro, i cant wait to see this finished,i liked your other t55 and the OIF humvee.
 _GOTOTOP