_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
who owns the modelpoint molds?
chiggoonies
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 10:13 AM UTC
I am interested in possibly buying the molds of a few of model points era systems, does anyone have a contact to the owner so I can make an offer as I hate to see these go off market, they were so nice.
email me at [email protected]
thanks guys!
TonyDz
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 12:16 PM UTC
What makes you think they are off the market? While Modelpoint.US is defunct, I've seen nothing saying Modelpoint is gone. Two very different companies. Modelpoint has always been hard to deal with and get product from.
chiggoonies
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 05:16 PM UTC
I'm sorry if I have offended with my ignorance I heard, obviously that they were kaputs, I just had a little investment money and would love to buy the era molds from the now defunct company because I loved the sets and wanted other modelers to enjoy them. it was just a thought...apparently a bad one as was my soursce for info.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 03:59 PM UTC
I doubt you offended anyone. Probably more along the lines of rubbing a old wound.

Model point products are a serious pain to aquire...period. It would be a VERY good idea for a more reliable and productive manufacturer to get ahold of some of their product. I am sorry to say that, I have always enjoyed their items, but it is true.

So I say keep up your endevour.
dsfraser
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 01:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Model point products are a serious pain to aquire...period. It would be a VERY good idea for a more reliable and productive manufacturer to get ahold of some of their product.

ModelPoint are hard for retailers to obtain, too. The people involved do not speak English, transferring money is awkward and expensive, and there are other challenges. They do not have a website, and do not sell direct.

I wonder when the Russian government will realize just how much business Russian firms lose because the Russian banking system is not integrated with ours.

Cheers
Scott Fraser
 _GOTOTOP