_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Best book on SD.KFZ.232?
Spellbot5000
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 04:12 PM UTC
I'm going to be starting a build on the 232 in the near future, and I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations on the best book about this vehicle to serve as a build and/or painting reference? I've checked out the vehicle page on Warwheels itself, and although it lists many books, not many have reviews. Right now I'm awaiting the arrival of the Tankograd issue on the vehicle, but any other recommendations would be appreciated.
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 - 01:53 AM UTC
Hi Kevin.

Assuming you're building the Sdkfz 232 8 wheel kit (rather than the 6 rad), The Tankograd book is a very good resource, especially if you are only going to pick one book. So, I think you'll be happy with it.

A couple of the other books we list at WW that I believe are very good references are Jentz's Panzer Tracts #13, Jentz's Museum Ordnance Special on the 231/232 and Horst Scheibert's two books "Puma..." and "German Eight Wheeled Recon Vehicles". Gander's book is pretty good too.

With all that being said, some of the other books are very good as well, but they don't necessarily only cover the 232, so there's not as much info in them.

HTH.
Spellbot5000
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 - 03:58 PM UTC
Thanks for the tips! I'll have to check some of those titles out and see if I can find them cheaply anywhere.

I've already been denied on three other books through ABEBooks, as the sellers all didn't actually have them in stock. Seems to be a trend with these aggregate bookseller sites like ABE and Alibris.
 _GOTOTOP