_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Gunnie's Sopwith Camel
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:29 AM UTC
Man Gunnie you sure know how to tease a guy with the photo of the 2 1/2 ton GT Sopworth Camel. This is going to be one great looking model. Got to see some photos of this one.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:34 AM UTC
Okay - but I have to take better pictures!

Gunnie

(P.S. wait until you get a load of Snoopy II!)
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:34 AM UTC
DARN TEASING TITLES!!!

'nuff said
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:35 AM UTC
I thought you were being kinda quiet the past few days. You have been a busy beaver... By the way is the dual weapon mount on the rear an after market kit poiece or a home cast or scratch built part? This is looking great so far. What are you using for references. I think this will be one of you best yet.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 11:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I thought you were being kinda quiet the past few days. You have been a busy beaver...

Heh heh...

Gunnie
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2003 - 01:29 PM UTC
That wasn't nice, Gunnie. I thought you might have actually had something done for the string bag AoA camp. Nice tease. You ever thought about going to work for Fox Television?
Great truck, as always.

Shaun
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 08:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That wasn't nice, Gunnie. I thought you might have actually had something done for the string bag AoA camp. Nice tease. You ever thought about going to work for Fox Television?
Great truck, as always.

Shaun

Heh heh - actually it was Animal's tease! I didn't think of it! :-)

I've never built a string bad before. I hear tale of a new flying Sopwith Camel aircraft model coming out. I might drink a 6-pack of beer and go buy one for the heck of it...

Gunnie
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 12:47 PM UTC
Beer, biplane? I think I have uncovered the next secret Gunnie project...

Shaun
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:00 PM UTC
Ho! Gunnie, you´re models are unbieliavaible!
Keep them coming.... :-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:13 AM UTC
Weekend Update:

I've been wrapping up the details on my gun truck "Sopwith Camel" this weekend. I saved fashioning and mounting the weapons last - as they're kinda delicate. "Sopwith Camel" was armed with four Ma' Deuces - capable of firing in all quadrants. It was really crowded back in the Fighting Compartment...

I took the two photos below with the weapons in place and a lot of stowage I plan to place on the gun truck.

Missing from the photo are photoetched chains for the tailgate and all the stowage that goes between the double walls of armor plating in the fighting compartment.

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 10:43 AM UTC
Looking good Gunnie. looks like you hit this straight on. Did you find some new reference photos for this one? Is the twin mount a resin cast or scratch built. it looks great. You do the old truckers very proud. You should post some photos of this one on the Guntruck site for all to see. Thanks for all of them..
vss
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 03:03 PM UTC
gunnie, any pics on the engine..? i saw an engine on the pics posted on your website, wonder where you bought it? very nice gun truck..keep it coming!

thanks! :-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good Gunnie. looks like you hit this straight on. Did you find some new reference photos for this one? Is the twin mount a resin cast or scratch built. it looks great. You do the old truckers very proud. You should post some photos of this one on the Guntruck site for all to see. Thanks for all of them..

Thanks animal! I used two color photos in James Lyles' book (The Hard Ride - Vol. 1) as reference. In this book I noticed that "Sopwith Camel" appears to have had a logo on the side with Snoopy's Doghouse is just outlined, and a version where the Doghouse is painted in, with white 'cheater stripes' painted on the Cab Fenders. I'm going with the painted in Doghouse and cheater stripes.

The twin mount is a homecast version of one I cooked up. Luckily I cast one, because I crunched my master in cleaning up the workbench. Easy enough to replicate again if I have another mishap.

I would put the photos on the MSN Gun Truck site - but something's wrong with my login. It hasn't worked correctly for months ...

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

gunnie, any pics on the engine..? i saw an engine on the pics posted on your website, wonder where you bought it? very nice gun truck..keep it coming!

thanks! :-)

I based my version off of Real Models' M35 Engine Compartment Set. I made some changes, deletions, and modifications - and then cast my own for this model and future efforts. I haven't uploaded photos of these efforts. The above photos, naturally, are with the Hood and Driver's Door taped into place.

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 09:42 AM UTC
Spome of the other members had the same problem. Re-oine and change your cookies for this site. It should help. We miss you over there.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 05:47 AM UTC
Pics of "Camel" painted up. Lately I've only had a couple of minutes each evening to devote to modeling, so, I paint or decal a little here, and the next day a little bit more, etc. All the pieces are coming together now and I'm painting, decaling, and weathering all at the same time. Actually, not having long stretches of time to sit and work on "Camel" has been theraputic - I can sit down, accomplish what I wanted in a short stint, and get up to do something else. This week I'm putting the last of the decals on the model gun truck...

Having a great time modeling this particular gun truck - hope you like!

Gunnie
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 06:32 AM UTC
Man I can't keep up with you oh Guru. Turning out fantastic as always. If you put stars on the hood make sure they are pointing in the right direction. 8 Gp. trucks had the point towards the front grill and not as they are usuaaly displayed in the model directions. This was pointed out to me by James Lyles a while back and I forgot to pass iot on to you,
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Man I can't keep up with you oh Guru. Turning out fantastic as always. If you put stars on the hood make sure they are pointing in the right direction. 8 Gp. trucks had the point towards the front grill and not as they are usuaaly displayed in the model directions. This was pointed out to me by James Lyles a while back and I forgot to pass iot on to you,

Thanks! I was curious about that too! I hadn't put my star on the hood yet...

Gunnie
NoMercy
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 12:10 PM UTC
Awsome!! I can't wait to see it finished!!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 06:01 AM UTC
I'm about halfway through the decaling process on "Sopwith Camel" - here's some pictures. The gun truck appears to have different colors on it because of varying stages of gloss coating for the decal work...

Gunnie
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 06:44 AM UTC
looks great !!!
hope to model like this!!
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 12:27 PM UTC
Jeeeeeez Louise Gunnie...................incredible.

Tread.

There's not an envious bone in my body.....nope, not me.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 02:24 PM UTC
WOW...Gunnie thats looking nice. Where did you get the resin engine set looks nice.

Mine is almost done, I've been doing it by hand because my air brush is broken. BTW did you ever get that link to work? I know people were having trouble with it..

Mike
Sundown
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 67 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 07, 2003 - 03:02 PM UTC
That is a beautiful model Jim. I think I'll have to pick one up and try to convert one too!! :-)
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2003 - 02:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW did you ever get that link to work? I know people were having trouble with it

Link? Which Link?

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP