Hosted by Darren Baker
Grund und Boden "final strike back" part1
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 09:22 AM UTC
The end of war , Germany is on the brink of collaps, will the "wunderwaffen" be ready in time, will they be effective?
Hope for swift victory is gone, still some German units try to save as many civilians as possible from the oncoming azian hordes, the stories coming from Nemmersdorf had a devastating effect on the civilian population , as did it strenghten the resolve of many, not to surrender but fight to the death for
.....Grund und Boden

this is part 1 , first house, it's in a style you find in germany, used a miniart building as guidance for measuring and used a kit of theirs for the windows .
Balsa wood 4/4 mm and architectcartboard (hard papaer with a "foam"sandwiched inbetween , 5mm thick

Greetz Tha Pit
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 06:24 PM UTC
Very good job, clean and exact work!

Cheers
Claude
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 07:26 PM UTC
The house looks good so far. Plenty of details to paint up.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 - 11:08 PM UTC
Nice pattern, I like the details you have added already.
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 03:27 AM UTC
thanks guys

@Claude , thank you , commin' from a masterbuilder it's an honour!
Merci beaucoup !

@Frank; so nice of you to always be one of the first to respond to my work

@ Scott; thank you, the patern was taken from the miniart kit city ruine, it's easier to get all the measurements in scale, if I calculate it, it always seems to be out of scale somewhat.

greetz

jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 08:55 AM UTC
well as promised here the miniart house I'm building (or at least trying)

just put the pieces together for the picture

jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 09:39 AM UTC
litlle update on the miniart house

it's total and utter CR*P, instructions didn't tell to have the floorpanels had to be stepped to fit,and overall fit of this kit is , not to my liking.
I have come to the conclusion that, instead of building the house further and giving me severe mental problems, I will use it as a template and copy it like I made the first house,balsawood and foamboard, it will fit much better

greetz
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 07:16 AM UTC
914 views, only 3 modellers with b*lls enough to comment

don't be scared, it's Tha Dog that bites, not Tha Pit

retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 07:57 AM UTC
I like your scratchbuilt German house. Very nice. .....Don't give up on that MiniArt building yet. I completely dorked up the Austrian Building but saved the day by using liquid latex to make molds of it. Poured in lightweight hydrocal and came out with a plaster copy that after some sanding went together better than the orrigional.........Al
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 09:39 AM UTC
Hi Tha Pit,
You show and excellent skills in your work, and if you want only a background for yours vehicles and figures you not need more, but if you want that these houses play a role in your history, integrating , figures, vehicles and scenario, IMHO I think the the dessing of the pieces must be revised. Too simetry among houses and with the elements of the houses, too equilbrated volume: prisma and triangle, etc... A history as you have explained in your post need a more agressive, unbalaced scenario, more dramatic forms,more angles, more architectural elements hanging over the heads of figures. you have in your hand the possibility of express your idea without need Miniart for nothing, google is plenty of photos of this style houses.(fachwerk) I´m sure that you can find very easy a lot of photos that can you inspire

hope that this helps

Carlos
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 06:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Tha Pit,
You show and excellent skills in your work, and if you want only a background for yours vehicles and figures you not need more, but if you want that these houses play a role in your history, integrating , figures, vehicles and scenario, IMHO I think the the dessing of the pieces must be revised. Too simetry among houses and with the elements of the houses, too equilbrated volume: prisma and triangle, etc... A history as you have explained in your post need a more agressive, unbalaced scenario, more dramatic forms,more angles, more architectural elements hanging over the heads of figures. you have in your hand the possibility of express your idea without need Miniart for nothing, google is plenty of photos of this style houses.(fachwerk) I´m sure that you can find very easy a lot of photos that can you inspire

hope that this helps

Carlos

I consider that "The tip of the Day"

I did not immediately see it that way, but Carlos has a good point. Big painting variations on the buildings may do it also, as redoing some would be a lot of work.

About the Hit/comment ratio of your post, i know what you feel, the negative ratios of my last updates is even bigger (by the way, without you on the reply list ! LOL, but basically always the same dozen loyal followers). Some posts fall through the trap, others stir more interest for one reason or another, bad timing of posting can even be one.
Activity on the diorama section is very good lately, so there is a lot to look at and comment.

Interesting and constructive comments to your dio will be made when the time arrives, i'm sure of it.

Cheers
Claude

jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 10:16 AM UTC
@ Alfred ; thanks ,I'll consider that option.

@ Blockhaus, Carlos, being one of my idols on building, i can understand your comments, I'm only afrais I'll overdo it , so i started out with these one's.

I'm going to make a dio, appr 55 /55 cm
and I'm going to either do the other houses "clean","undamaged", or somewhat damaged, I'm not out of that right now.

do you think the second building would look better with bricks inside the wood beams?
and I was thinking of putting a stone "half story" under the biggest house, and have a stair to the frontdoor, that would break it up I guess...??

@ Claude ; sorry had a "dip" in posting, and sometimes it's hard to understand that a topic gets hardly noticed on such a mega site, ok the avalanche of posts will have something to do with it but, it's depressing, and somethimes I get so anoyed I do vent it in a post, no offence intended,
and who am I to "b*tch" about that stuff,I am here every day,but after some hours it happens I read but don't post on a subject, creating the same "problem" for another poster getting no reply's,

thanks for reply'n guys, hope the next building will be more "freehand" to your likin'

RoelGeutjens
Visit this Community
Belgium
KitMaker: 410 posts
Armorama: 383 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 11:06 PM UTC
Hey Pit

Not scared only just saw your post a few minutes ago. Again great scratch work on those buildings. "You hit the nail on the kop" concerning the german house great work.
I wonder what happened to the factory you once where building.... I searched the topic just the other week here on armorama but could not find it.
Maybe you could help

Cheers Roel
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 07:22 AM UTC
Hi Tha Pit, Yes, the solution came from change the texture and broke the rigth lines, put and stairs or vary the texture with diferent materials go in the rigth direction, or elminate one of these "triangles" in top of every building, central building for sample.
hope that this help you
Carlos
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 11:08 AM UTC
@Roel ; the facoria is on "verry long" hold
soooo much other project
(ik denk dat je ettelijke pagina's van dit forum gaat mogen afzoeken om er nog wat van terug te vinden)

@ Blockhaus, thanks, i like your input, I won't chopshop this one, I'll just make another one
your suggestion shows once again you have a feel for that kind of thing, I tend to think too mechanical when making something, instead of making it look real, and trying to make something in scale that actually works like the real thing, ..well it give's men grey hair!

Greetz
 _GOTOTOP