DAK Kubelwagen
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 12:41 AM UTC
Hello Chaps
After having a bit of lull last year, I needed something easy and fast. Tamiya´s little kubelwagen did the trick nicely. Its built totally OOB, and will be a perfect canvas to attempt some new paint techniques.

More images and some thoughts can found in my blog on the Assembly ... click on this LINK .
Cheers ... comments and critic are welcome.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 12:05 AM UTC
Hi Frank. Looks good OOB. Amazing how just replacing the heads improves the figures no end.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 03:30 AM UTC
Thanks Pat. I bought a few sets of Legend Production heads. These come from the barehead set.
I agree, changing the head makes a huge difference ... and also makes painting painting easier ... as there is nice detail to paint.
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 03:56 AM UTC
Succes Frank, this will turn out great, and I like reading you want to experiment on it !
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 07:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Succes Frank, this will turn out great, and I like reading you want to experiment on it !

Hi Guy. Yeah ... in the last few models ... I was getting feelings like Im playing safe too much ... everything has become routine. Need to up the ante a bit, and feel this is the perfect kit to do it with.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 07:51 AM UTC
Hey Frank, nice job! Looks really good and also looks like a fun build.

cheers

Bob
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 - 01:08 AM UTC
Hello Bob. Thanks very much for your kind comments. It was fun ... and hopefully painting it will be the same. Cheers.
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 11:27 PM UTC
Hello Frank, I understand what you mean by playing too safe, routine...it's good to go where you've never been gone before (oh man this sounds like Star Trek ).
Sometimes experimenting leads to great results and techniques to use again. Go for it !

alfa10
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 01:52 AM UTC
I've considered getting one of those kits, and now I just might after seeing yours. Any hiccups in assembly? Or is it a typical Tamiya falls-together-almost-by-itself kit?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 10:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've considered getting one of those kits, and now I just might after seeing yours. Any hiccups in assembly? Or is it a typical Tamiya falls-together-almost-by-itself kit?

Thanks very much. No hiccups .... perfect little kit. take a little care that the hull sides sit properly over the wheel arches ... you don´t want any gaps here .... and as you say yourself ... it just falls together. I have also the normal version to build ... but will pimp it a little with tamiya´s engine set and Aber etch! Treat yourself!!
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 12:52 PM UTC
Frank-- as always your work is a study in how to do things right. This is such a relatively small vehicle are you going to use your air bursh? If so, I am curious as to how you are going to paint the fine detail (dashboard, seats, etc) after applying your overall vehicle color. What size brush are you using for these smaller parts? How do you preclude the build up of paint if you spray the overall vehicle first? Also, the brand of paint you will use will better assist me in appreciating your workmanship.
Good job.
Thanks
DJ
 _GOTOTOP