_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: 48th Scale
1/48 scale discussion group hosted by Rob Gronovius
Hosted by Darren Baker
Call to Manufacturers. 48th needs FIGURES!!!
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 04:01 AM UTC
Modern US, WWII - Russians, Airborne, etc, etc
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 04:49 AM UTC
Propaganda Kompany resin stuff may be worth a look :
http://propaganda-kompany.com/300-Accessoires-Figurines

HTH
Frenchy
AirOps
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 05:15 AM UTC
This company does very nice modern figures in 1/48th.

http://www.hlbs.co.uk/type.php?id=19
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Modern US, WWII - Russians, Airborne, etc, etc

I second that! And in plastic would be good!

Cheers!
Stef
tskross
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 152 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 10:13 AM UTC
I agree....if a manufacturer with the quality of Alpine made 48th scale figures I would feel like I died and went to heaven
!!

check out track48 though they do have quite a few figure sets, all resin I believe (I don't know if it would be possible to get the amount of detail necessary for a figure in styrene) Also I noticed that sprue bros had some 1:48 cmk modern figures in their bargain section
modelpanzer
Visit this Community
Portugal
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 06:56 AM UTC
This is one reason for the "death" of 1/48 scale

Cheers,

José César
AirOps
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Armorama: 24 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 05:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers,

José César

I am not sure if I follow your thinking. Tamiya has released 68 kits in the last three years. The 1/48 scale hobby has just been re-vitalized. Give it time to grow.
kidsbday7
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 12:02 PM UTC
Heads Up

Manel Arin has launched his own line of 1/48 figures and they look very good.

He just posted this on Track 48

Quoted Text

Hi guys!

It is my pleasure to announce the arrival of a new brand to the 1/48th universe I hope will be of yours interest.

http://www.totalwarminiatures.com/

Total War Miniatures is a small brand mainly dedicated to 1/48th scale figure modelling, other scales might be touched in the future though.
Total War Miniatures is the result of a lot of work in pursuit of a good range of excellent resin figures much needed in quarter scale, and in that meaning is one dream made true for many of us.

Total War Miniatures aspires to offer a wide range of figures in order to cover many subjects and to fill as many gaps as possible and hopefully it will become one true reference for 1/48th scale figure modelling little by little.

Best Regards,

Total War Miniatures - Manel Arin

These figures look excellent and I already placed an order.

Phil
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 05:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Heads Up

Manel Arin has launched his own line of 1/48 figures and they look very good.

He just posted this on Track 48

Quoted Text

Hi guys!

It is my pleasure to announce the arrival of a new brand to the 1/48th universe I hope will be of yours interest.

http://www.totalwarminiatures.com/

Total War Miniatures is a small brand mainly dedicated to 1/48th scale figure modelling, other scales might be touched in the future though.
Total War Miniatures is the result of a lot of work in pursuit of a good range of excellent resin figures much needed in quarter scale, and in that meaning is one dream made true for many of us.

Total War Miniatures aspires to offer a wide range of figures in order to cover many subjects and to fill as many gaps as possible and hopefully it will become one true reference for 1/48th scale figure modelling little by little.

Best Regards,

Total War Miniatures - Manel Arin

These figures look excellent and I already placed an order.

Phil

Just posted here too.

http://armorama.com/forums/154262&page=1
TOTS48
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 09:56 AM UTC
I'll be Sculpting some in a couple months for a company, mostly WW2 subjects. Just can't say who or what type right now. But as a whole, the 48th scale figure selection is on the rise!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 - 06:56 AM UTC
I believe this has always been the major drawback for 1/48 - the availability, or rather non-avaiability of sufficient figures. Sure, there are plenty of resin figures available, sometimes even enough to crew a tank, but never enough compatable figures to build a sizable diorama. And resin figures, no matter how well sculpted they are, can be costly. Tamiya produces plastic figures but I found them undersized and usually just miniatures of their equally poor 1/35 range. It would take a manufacturer like Dragon to produce enough figure sets in 1/48 to make it really interesting. Unfortunately, Dragon seems to have no interest whatsoever in 1/48 armor, and Tamiya, under new management, also seems to be losing interest in this scale. As an afterthought, a sculpter named Tom Meier announced a few years ago an entire range of combat troops (US paratroopers and German infantry) in resin. These were mainly for wargaming but were in 1/48 and, judging from photos, were just as well sculpted as the best on the market. There has been no updates on these for at least 2 years. Too bad!
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 - 07:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers,

José César

I am not sure if I follow your thinking. Tamiya has released 68 kits in the last three years. The 1/48 scale hobby has just been re-vitalized. Give it time to grow.

Quite right. But most of those models were released in the first 2 years. How many 1/48 models were released by Tamiys in the last 6 months - one? or two? And both Hobby Boss and AFV seem to have lost interest in this scale.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 - 08:11 AM UTC
I'm quite enjoying 1/48 armor, the braille scale stuff is just to small for me. I'm all for new products if the manufacturers will run with the ball.

And thanks for the links to the 1/48 figure lines everyone, I didn't even know they were out there.
gghirel
Visit this Community
United States
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 - 08:42 AM UTC
hi everyone, i was surprised no one mentioned the old North Star range of ww2 1/48 scale figures. they do nice late war brits,germans,russians and of course GI's. they are now operated by ScarabMiniatures of the U.K.. these folks also do a superb line of 1/56 WW1 figures. i bought 10 packs of their Austrian stormtroopers and received them faster from overseas than most U.S. companies. although i still prefer "braille scale" after all i am not about to dump 30 years of armor,artillery and figures in the garbage, i do agree with others that 1/48 scale is going to be growing as so many of us begin aging and no longer have the eyesight to paint or the manual dexterity to put together a 170 part 1/72 scale plastic kit. that's why i have been seeking modeler's to put together these kits for pay and through armorama was fortunate enough to come across the very talented michael high who was kind enough to accept my commission. hang in there though this scale is the next new thing
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 02:46 AM UTC
North Star figures are for war gamers. Although the scale is compatable, they have oversized heads and hands, and crudely made weapons. Their anatomy is very distorted - if you don't mind using toys with scale models.
MrPurser
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 09:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This company does very nice modern figures in 1/48th.

http://www.hlbs.co.uk/type.php?id=19

I am sorry to tellin this but that companies figures not equall as 48th scale sizes...
I gonna send photos soon , u will decided it.
MrPurser
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 09:44 AM UTC
http://www.propaganda-kompany.com/
Also check this out , France guys doing perfect job in 48th scale.
 _GOTOTOP