_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Another WIP from Masterbox - Images
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 06:29 AM UTC
Here are the first images of a NEW W.I.P. from Masterbox. Ltd. Titled as: # 3583 - German Elite Infantry, Eastern Front 1941-1942, this is somewhat different from the 'Usual' figures available...The image report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 07:28 AM UTC
MB is setting the standard right now in figure sets IMO. DML is doing very good work, but their repertoire of poses is too similar.

We need more sets of soldiers doing non-combat things, which takes up most of their days. I keep hoping to get a set of tuckered-out grunts leaning against walls and poles, helmets off, with thousand-yard stares.
muchachos
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 08:48 AM UTC
Bill, we already have a bunch with thousand yard stares - its just they're pointing too. These. Wow. I love them. Nuff said.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 09:31 AM UTC
Awesome! Yet another cool release!
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 10:19 AM UTC
Very cool.

I looked through all the pictures, and it looks really nice.

My only pet peeve is that 2 of the guys have their chin straps on. Now, I was never in the military, but that seems a little too serious for guys just coming back from a grocery run.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 819 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 03:35 PM UTC
Another nice set of figures in relaxed behind the scenes poses.
Hederstierna
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 1,102 posts
Armorama: 1,018 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 10:12 PM UTC
These figures are indeed great. And I totally agree with the pointing thing... By the way, didn't Dragon just release some Germans in a rather "getting ready to move" mode? And while at it, how about some sleeping troops and dead & wounded? I personally knows, that whenever it's possible, a soldier will try to catch some Z's.
Jacob
panzergrenadier61
Visit this Community
Basel, Switzerland
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 09:56 AM UTC
I can't see why the MB designers talk about "German Elite Infantry, Eastern Front 1941-1942", as the figures shown are Waffen SS troopers wearing M1942 camo smocks. Therefore "SS Grenadiers, Eastern Front Summer 1942" would be a more appropriate headline. I appreciate the figures are coming in very natural and relaxed poses as soldiers gathering some extra food in rearward areas would.
I think MB should release a similar group of Wehrmacht soldiers as well. To have two or three of them wear field caps or "Schiffchen" wouldn't be a bad idea either.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 08:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I can't see why the MB designers talk about "German Elite Infantry, Eastern Front 1941-1942", as the figures shown are Waffen SS troopers wearing M1942 camo smocks. Therefore "SS Grenadiers, Eastern Front Summer 1942" would be a more appropriate headline.

Can't you? Well it seems pretty obvious from where i'm sitting Many countries are a littly 'odd' if the term SS appears anywhere - as these would also be categorized as part of the 'toy' market perhaps you see where i'm going with this?

Bit like the 'No Swastikas' on German aircraft models...
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 08:14 AM UTC
Man....MB has got the figures thing goin' on! I can see these guys in a ton of dioramas!
panzergrenadier61
Visit this Community
Basel, Switzerland
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I can't see why the MB designers talk about "German Elite Infantry, Eastern Front 1941-1942", as the figures shown are Waffen SS troopers wearing M1942 camo smocks. Therefore "SS Grenadiers, Eastern Front Summer 1942" would be a more appropriate headline.

Can't you? Well it seems pretty obvious from where i'm sitting Many countries are a littly 'odd' if the term SS appears anywhere - as these would also be categorized as part of the 'toy' market perhaps you see where i'm going with this?

Bit like the 'No Swastikas' on German aircraft models...

Point taken. I admit this might be quite a troublesome matter in some countries (including my own one) wich can be cirumvented with the chosen wording. However, the camo smocks date the troopers to the year of 1942.
 _GOTOTOP