_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
New Subforum for News/Reviews/Features/Etc?
Spellbot5000
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 03:50 PM UTC
Maybe this already exists and I've just been blind, bit it would be cool if there was a subforum that collected all the various review/preview/news/features/etc posts that are posted in their respective forums.

You wouldn't need to stop posting these posts in their related forums, but if there was some feature that would automatically cross-post the thread in my proposed sub-forum that would be very cool. Then you'd have a dedicated subforum that users could quickly scan to see the latest news items and reviews and previews of upcoming kits. I'm sure it makes other users antsy like it does with me that I may have missed some interesting bit of news or a kit announcement. You could even add some of the filtering checkboxes that some subforums feature so could just show the news items, or just the previews, etc.

I know you can do all of this from the front page and by visiting a particular subjects respective forum, but it'd be nice to have one single place where everything could be easily viewed in the forum format.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 02:34 AM UTC
Good idea Kevin. Another reason that this may work better is that a lot of these are double posted, meaning two entries which ...
1) split up any eventual comments and
2) push other threads off the front page quicker.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 04:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe this already exists and I've just been blind, bit it would be cool if there was a subforum that collected all the various review/preview/news/features/etc posts that are posted in their respective forums.

You wouldn't need to stop posting these posts in their related forums, but if there was some feature that would automatically cross-post the thread in my proposed sub-forum that would be very cool. Then you'd have a dedicated subforum that users could quickly scan to see the latest news items and reviews and previews of upcoming kits.

Kevin at the top of the page just beside the Armorama Logo it should say Welcome back, Spellbot5000! See What's New

Click on the what's new and you be taken to this page where you can see all the recently added News, Reviews and Features.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 04:54 AM UTC

Click on News and you'll see all the latest news items
Click on Features you'll see RECENT ADDITIONS, MOST READ RECENTLY and MOST READ ALL-TIME sections.

Click on Reviews and you'll see MOST READ (PAST 90 DAYS) and RECENTLY REVIEWED.

All three sections sections also have subdivisions according to genre. I don't think we need another forum- remember the recent posts in each forum show up on the LATEST POSTS page it would be too cluttered with posts being duplicated in your subforum as well as their related forums.
Spellbot5000
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 06:46 PM UTC
How would it be too cluttered though? They'd be in their own subforum, which is essentially the opposite of cluttered.

I knew about the What's New section previously, it just that I find the basic forum format of a title (News, Review, Preview, etc) followed but the subject line very easy to scan. If you had a a big list of those, it would be a compact, concise way of seeing all the new stuff without the paragraph of text the What's New section includes.
 _GOTOTOP