_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Trucks 'N' Tracks
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 12:02 PM UTC
Whose going to Trucks 'N' Tracks this weekend?

Usual mayhem in the MAFVA Zone, with special show prices for back issues. As well as picking up any new kits you can (hopefully) afford, perhaps a few bargains and the chance to chat with like-minded model makers. Perhaps that is why the MAFVA Zone is adjacent to the bar and cafe?

I'll be there all weekend ready to relieve you of your resubs money.

See you there!

Paul Middleton
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 12:52 PM UTC
Hi Folks,

Don't forget to let the guys on the MAFVA stand know if you are about to, or have changed your postal or email addresses.

Take the chance to stock up on your missing back issues as they are reduced to a special 'Show Price.' Enjoy your weekend,

Gary Williams

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 686 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 12:29 AM UTC

Hi All,

Although not a MAFVA member (although I've thought about it on numerous occasions) I'll be there on Saturday, probably My fave show of the year... see you there

Jason
Sunray
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:56 AM UTC
Hello there Jason,

Many thanks for checking out our website and Forum. Stop thinking and join us. You will be made welcome. Just introduce yourself to the guys on the MAFVA HQ stand, fill in a form, get your first Tankette and while away the rest of the weekend meeting the members. They are a good bunch.

Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year and it is a good show. If you cannot make it, just download the form on the membership page, fill it in and get it off to me at the Cheshire address on the form and I will do the rest.

I look forward to seeing you at the MAFVA Nationals 2010.

Gary Williams

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
Sunray
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 05:13 AM UTC
Greetings All,

Well another TnT Show is done and dusted (Or should that be mopped up after Sunday's weather?) We hope that everyone got home safely and without event. I have had some feedback from Paul Middleton, John Ham and Trevor Claringbold.

Many thanks to all MAFVA members who showed their support by attending. A very big thanks to those who helped Paul M. man the HQ Stand. A big job as Spike, Heather and myself, normally on the Stand, couldn't make it this year. Nevertheless, Team MAFVA did very well over the weekend by welcoming 7 new members and taking 34 resubscriptions, changes of address and selling back issues of the Tankette.

I was good to see so many members with winning places in the competitions. I pleased to hear that 'Chief Judge' John Ham was up there again. He is going on to be the 'Guy to Beat'. Though as a Judge, perhaps he knows the wrinkles? :-) Well done to all. Remember, when going to a show, please take a model along. If there are comps, it helps fill the tables and adds to the interest on the day. If not, there is always the MAFVA or a Branch stand to support.

The heavy rain on Sunday resulted with leaks into the building. Unfortunately, this damaged one of their cameras, and perhaps more importantly one of their memory cards with most of the competition photos on it. If anyone has any they would be happy for the organisers to use - especially of the Best of Show - Trevor would be very grateful!

I have a copy of Trevor's initial Show Summery and the Competition Results. If anyone would like a copy, please contact me.

Many thanks to all who supported the show and to Trevor and his Crew for providing the event.

BTW, We are still looking out for you Jason. Drop me a line.

Kind regards to all,

Gary Williams

MAFVA # 0004 President
Membership Secretary
Back Issues
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 04:46 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Sorry I didn't pop by the MAFVA stand saturday to sign up, as we went down to Folkestone on Friday night I didn't see your post until I returned, and by the time I had made my way down to the channel suite to have a look I'd spent all my money!!! . I will get round to printing the form and sending it off this week I promise .

Jason
Sunray
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 10:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gary,

I will get round to printing the form and sending it off this week I promise .

Jason

Righto!

I will keep watching out then

Gary Williams

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 02:43 AM UTC

I'll let you know Gary when I put it in the post .......

Jason
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 04:32 AM UTC

Well..... I've filled in the form, written the cheque, done the envelope, stuck on the stamps, and I'm now going to put it in the 'to be posted' pile in the office, and it'll be on it's way, and it was painless

Jason
 _GOTOTOP