_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
FEATURE
Winter Line Italy 1944
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 - 11:56 PM UTC
Rob shares the story behind one of his projects. In a unique setting Rob shares some nice techniques.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 769 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 01:14 AM UTC
Is it me, or is there no link?

Jesse
johndon
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 02:07 AM UTC
Click where it says 'Link to Item' - the link is there, it's just not highlighted.

John
LoneSentry
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 04:43 AM UTC
Very nice diorama and build.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 04:44 PM UTC
Rob I am glad to see that my pushing you to provide features has now got to this stage, Great diorama this is your best yet, keep up the good work.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 06:38 AM UTC
Hi Ron,

Excellent job, I like the split level view and your troops and the 88mm look exceptionally well done. The setting is small but adequetly shows off the main items of the build whilst still having other interesting things to look at.

Excellent stuff.

Al
desertfox42
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 01:28 PM UTC
Thank you guys. I really appreciate the input. I have taken to placing my dios on a wood stained base. A bit more polished look.
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 06:34 PM UTC
Hi Rob,

Great little dio.
I like especially the composition and layout with the little slope.

You should replace the fir.For me it nearly breaks the whole thing. If this is your choosen height, it should be thinner at the base and thinned a lot more on the top or it should be really higher and correctly thinned down at the top.

Cheers
Claude
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 07:23 PM UTC
Very nice diorama Rob. I particularily like the camo on the German zeltbahn.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 - 08:18 PM UTC
Well Done ! I especially like your scenic and gun detailing . The figures painting, (Camo) is also Very Well Done. milvehfan
desertfox42
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 06:12 PM UTC
Good advice on the evergreen. I have been working on realism and that will help.
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 - 04:59 PM UTC
first off, i have to say it looks great. and definately better than i have done. i do have some constructive criticism on a couple things that really stick out to me. take it for what its worth, but i figured i would throw it out there so you may use it in the future.
im a firm believer in a diorama telling someone a story without any words.
my number 1 thing that made me post to this was to ask, what in the world is the guy doing off in left field, in the building? doesnt really make any sense to me. i would "assume" he was placed to show a local staking and protecting his ground? may just be me, but he is just a little out of place.

second, the figures, even though they are well done, there is an uncommon mix of action and relaxed. not really sure if they are prepping to fire, or just kinda hanging out. you placed 3 soldiers gawking over the soldier of someone aiming the weapon. then the commander enjoying the view. again, it makes me confused as to what is happening in the scene?

lastly, even though there wasnt much of an option, and it almost may seem nitpicky....but the shells would be on the wrong side. well, "wrong" is kind of a harsh word. but i noticed the breach opening is on the inner side. most appropriate location for the spent shells would be on the breach opening side of the weapon. as far as that goes, i can understand that could have been done the way it is to break up some blank terrain. also, the rock on the foreside of the cannon looks "placed". may be shadows, but it looks like i can see the bottom of the rock?

hopefully no bad feelings. just wanted to throw in my observations to hopefully help you out in future builds.

overall, i think it looks great. i love the color and weathering of the weapon and its platform. great work on the terrain. i especially admire the road work and the tree work
 _GOTOTOP