Hosted by Darren Baker
Berlin Brigade Chieftain
Panther64
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 395 posts
Armorama: 365 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 12:32 AM UTC
After two years of schooling, I have finally finished my Airfix Chieftain in a Berlin Brigade camo scheme. I put a lot of extra work into it to make it a Mk3. It's not totally accurate, but I had a blast building it. Hope you enjoy it. BTW- this is my first post with pics, so excuse the fact that it's linked, I haven't figured out how to post them directly yet. [/img]
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 01:27 AM UTC
Red X's .........

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 05:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

After two years of schooling, I have finally finished my Airfix Chieftain in a Berlin Brigade camo scheme. I put a lot of extra work into it to make it a Mk3. It's not totally accurate, but I had a blast building it. Hope you enjoy it. BTW- this is my first post with pics, so excuse the fact that it's linked, I haven't figured out how to post them directly yet.

If I may be so bold as to help you out with your images.

In your gallery click on a picture to view it in full size. Under the picture you'll see the title "Linked Thumbnail:" and to the right of that is a small icon that looks like a computer. Click on that icon and an area will appear called "HTML code:." The code in the box beside that is what you copy and paste into your post.

As far as your build is concerned, it looks very good. Am I correct in assuming that this is the venerable 1/76 kit? As I built a couple of these OOB aeons ago I can really see all the added detail that you created. Again, very nice build and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
tread_geek
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 07:25 AM UTC
Thanks for helping me out Jan. I highlighted the link thumbnail box and pasted it to the forum. I'm still trying to figure out the process and your guidance is greatly apprteciated. I thought that I had posted this in the Braille Scale forum but apparently not, how do I get it moved? Do I need to get one of the Administrators to do it?
And yes, it is the 1/72(really1/76th) scale Airfix kit. As you know, it's not chalk full of details. I did several extra things to it.
ChillyMedic
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 02:32 PM UTC
Looks awesome!

Any tips on lay out/masking for the camo?

Don
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 03:07 PM UTC
Nice work Kerry !

I must do one of these in 1/35 .....

Paul
shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,135 posts
Armorama: 1,030 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 03:36 PM UTC
God Damnit Kerry, you definitely just inspired me
Panther64
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 12:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments gents. As for the application of the camo, I sprayed MM Light Gray FS36495 and then used bits of Tamiya tape to mask off the areas. Than I applied MM Medium Gray FS35237 and again masked those areas off. Finally, I applied MM Earth Brown. When it was dry, I removed the masks and there it was. I did need to touch it up in places. I used these three shades as I felt they were the closest to the exact colors and I took into account the scale size as well, using a Light Gray vs RAL 9010 White. BTW- thanks to all that helped me awhile back with references. That thread is over in the painting forum at pg 18, titled Chieftain Berlin Brigade Camo Scheme.
 _GOTOTOP