_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
E.T. Model: First Diorama Release
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 09:23 PM UTC
E.T. Model are best known for their fiendishly-detailed AM Update sets for AFVs, have just announced their first Diorama Release in 1/35th scale. The New kit consists of PE and is: J35-001 - Park Gate & Fence. Images of this impressive looking kit, can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 10:39 PM UTC
Hi

Is it me or does this set, excluding the PE parts look strikingly like the Miniart kit of the same name, even down to the lamposts

Set number 35007.

That is unless there is a slight misunderstanding and the set is a PE set to enhance the Miniart set. If not I don't think Miniart will be very happy.

Alan
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 10:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi

Is it me or does this set, excluding the PE parts look strikingly like the Miniart kit of the same name, even down to the lamposts

Set number 35007.

That is unless there is a slight misunderstanding and the set is a PE set to enhance the Miniart set. If not I don't think Miniart will be very happy.

Alan

Ouch! As far as I can tell, the lamposts aren't included in the set and the design of the fencing is pretty different. However... the stone pillars look remarkably similar.

I'll e-mail my contact at MiniArt and see what they think...
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 10:49 PM UTC
Looking at it again, it SEEMS that it's an Update set for the MiniArt set. Unfortunately, ET's website has the minimum of information in English. I think at the moment i'll call it as an 'Update Set' for MiniArt's 35007 and take it from there...

Thanks for pointing that out...
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2010 - 10:55 PM UTC
I've now called it as 'Update Set for MiniArt 35007' as thanks to Alan's observations, that is exactly what it appears to be...
ETMODELLER
Visit this Community
Anhui, China / 简体
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 - 02:50 PM UTC
I'm so sorry for my mistake, the incomplete infomation led to a misunderstanding. T T

J35-001 just a update suit for miniart's kits,and the sample based on MiniArt's 35007,We have added the detail information on our website.

Thanks ALAN and Jim to pointed out our mistakes, and hope every modeller like our work:)
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 07:49 AM UTC
Ahh, at the 2nd sight, I also think, that the etched parts are the update-set, so MiniArt seems to use plastic parts only.

greetings...

edit: I see, that the mistake was cleared.
Thanks, ETMODEL. ;-)
The very fragile metal-parts looks better, than made in plastic. But, perhaps they a bit undersized in thickness?

http://www.miniart-models.com/Images/Foto_plastic/35007/PICT0005.jpg
Comparison image on MIniArt modelsī webpage.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 08:32 AM UTC
While the ETmodel railings are a nicer style than the Miniart I think PSE is too flat to depict wrought iron railings and gates.
 _GOTOTOP